Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

LiveVideo vs YouTube

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

Which one do you think will crush the other? LiveVideo or YouTube

I think LiveVideo took youtube idea and expanded it. I am ditching YouTube for Live Video. They have got some cool technology over there and cool visual stuff.

What do you guys think?

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I checked it out this morning...doesn't really look "expanded" over YouTube. Or maybe I missed something?

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

jsampsonPC wrote:
    I checked it out this morning...doesn't really look "expanded" over YouTube. Or maybe I missed something?

Well its basically a mutated clone of YouTube in terms of layout and basic features. But its got cool graphics.

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

I still, like YouTube. The reason is, If buffering is done, I can view that clip many times, not the same case with LiveVideo, after buffering, If I want to watch it again, it started buffering again, as if I am viewing it for the first time (oh! heck) Perplexed, and no caching [C]

May I know what difference you found, so it helps me in looking into that. Smiley

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Raghavendra_Mudugal wrote:
    I still, like YouTube. The reason is, If buffering is done, I can view that clip many times, not the same case with LiveVideo, after buffering, If I want to watch it again, it started buffering again, as if I am viewing it for the first time (oh! heck) , and no caching

May I know what difference you found, so it helps me in looking into that.

You can find videos based on location on planet earth. So if your in the UK you can see all UK people , and so on.

Plus the new graphics and skins are cool. Video quality is high, that is why there is buffering problem. If you have a fast connection that would not be an issue. Its still fresh.

There is also a family filter that is on by default.

Here are new stuff

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

SecretSoftware wrote:

If you have a fast connection that would not be an issue. Its still fresh.

I agree. But When YouTube can cache the clip, why can't LiveVideo?
    If the connection is good then the streaming happens simultaneously, but it does'nt means that the clip should not be cached, and every time you play the clip it will be like a slide show. On the other hand, YouTube, is exct opposite and serves the clip viewing any times after buffering for the first time or unless you manually clear the buffer. Phew!, Perplexed still on livevideo. Hope they fix it soon. Smiley, and Thanks for that link.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Raghavendra_Mudugal wrote:

SecretSoftware wrote:
    If you have a fast connection that would not be an issue. Its still fresh.

I agree. But When YouTube can cache the clip, why can't LiveVideo?
    If the connection is good then the streaming happens simultaneously, but it does'nt means that the clip should not be cached, and every time you play the clip it will be like a slide show. On the other hand, YouTube, is exct opposite and serves the clip viewing any times after buffering for the first time or unless you manually clear the buffer. Phew!, still on livevideo. Hope they fix it soon. , and Thanks for that link.

Click Pause in the video. It will upload in the background.

The site is like a newly decorated apartment. Its cool and new. I can still smell the paint. LOL

What is good about it is the new features + graphics. The graphics man...

LiveVideo got some cool voice (and singers too) quality.

If only C9 had similar skins and graphics, things would be cooler.

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

SecretSoftware wrote:

Click Pause in the video. It will upload in the background.

Perplexed

SecretSoftware wrote:

The site is like a newly decorated apartment. Its cool and new. I can still smell the paint. LOL

Big Smile

SecretSoftware wrote:

What is good about it is the new features + graphics. The graphics man...

I don't see much of it, I have both sites opened. Anyway. Smiley

SecretSoftware wrote:

LiveVideo got some cool voice (and singers too) quality.

If only C9 had similar skins and graphics, things would be cooler.

Cool

• User profile image
    raymond

I liked the LiveVideo format, but missed all the Microsoft ads on YouTube. Wink

The winner will be us for having more choices and content to watch.

Love competition.Big Smile

Cool

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.