Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft is now accepting nominations for the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 TAP

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Seems like Microsoft is starting with the Technology Adoption Program (TAP) for Windows Vista SP1.

http://bink.nu/Article9325.bink

Anybody in? Is it possible to get in for a single developer and student like me?

• User profile image
    LostIn​Tangent

I'm assuming it would be hard for an individual to get involved, seeing as how they're expecting you to have a MS account manager already and have production environments to do serious testing.

If you met those requirements I suppose it would be possible.

I'm going to throw the idea by my company and see if they're interested.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

littleguru wrote:
    Seems like Microsoft is starting with the Technology Adoption Program (TAP) for Windows Vista SP1.

http://bink.nu/Article9325.bink

Anybody in? Is it possible to get in for a single developer and student like me?

Read the requirements for being a tap tester. Only corporations who can deploy testversions in a production environment and provide active feedback can join.

• User profile image
    littleguru

ZippyV wrote:
    Read the requirements for being a tap tester. Only corporations who can deploy testversions in a production environment and provide active feedback can join.

Sad. I should read more carefully... *tired*

• User profile image
    ZippyV

littleguru wrote:
    Sad.

Not really, you don't get to test new features and in the end you will get it for free anyway. Wink

• User profile image
    littleguru

ZippyV wrote:

littleguru wrote: Sad.

Not really, you don't get to test new features and in the end you will get it for free anyway.

Sure, but I like to check things and I like it to influence the final result Smiley

• User profile image
    ZippyV

There is still the Longhorn server beta.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

How did people get into the Vista private beta (not TAP or the CPP) anyways?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.