Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft Donating to Charity for Using Live Search

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    a !
  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

thumbtacks wrote:

Your link wrote: In addition to sponsoring the car, we are offering you an easy way to help - simply do a Live Search from this page, and we will add $1 to our donation.
    Sooooo...is there a limit to these donations? What if someone does thousands of searches from that page?

It's up to $25,000.

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

Also in the new this week was that MS Live Search had failed to make an impact on Google or even Yahoo!  Wonder if this is related?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Thumbtacks, does it matter? Isn't the result more important than the motivation?

• User profile image
    nightski

thumbtacks wrote:

TommyCarlier wrote: Thumbtacks, does it matter? Isn't the result more important than the motivation?
    This sounds like a tax writeoff strategy to me. As if they need help paying income taxes at MS.

Yes it matters. If I want to give to charity, then I will. I don't need to go through a search engine to do that. It's like saying I need to buy a Marlboro pack of cigarettes and five cents goes to help Jerry's kids. Think of the kids!

Except that is a very flawed analogy because your not paying anything for this!  In fact, you are getting something out of it yourself (search results).

And how do you go from cigarettes to search engines??

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.