Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Another Microsoft Typography video?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Are there plans for another Microsoft Typography video. Would like to know what Bill Hill and friends are up to. What's next on the horizon, etc etc. Cool

I swear I'd pay good money for another campus tour with Mr. Hill Big Smile

• User profile image
    Andrew Davey

Maybe get someone to explain why clear-type in WPF looks worse compared to regular GDI clear-type.

I have tried applying the registry tweak mentioned on some blogs but it still doesn't look great.

• User profile image
    PeterF

Andrew Davey wrote:
    Maybe get someone to explain why clear-type in WPF looks worse compared to regular GDI clear-type.

I have tried applying the registry tweak mentioned on some blogs but it still doesn't look great.

thing indeed look a bit purple in general in Vista, especially when there are a lot of L's and i's close together. This is on a regular LCD screen through DVI...

So what are those tweaks
    Peter

• User profile image
    dentaku

I totally agree. Bill Hill is the most interesting person ever interviewed on C9 and the work the typography people are doing is fascinating.

Harlequin wrote:
    Are there plans for another Microsoft Typography video. Would like to know what Bill Hill and friends are up to. What's next on the horizon, etc etc.

I swear I'd pay good money for another campus tour with Mr. Hill

• User profile image
    raymond

Have Rory and Charles talk the talk and walk the walk with Bill Hill.Tongue Out

Cool

• User profile image
    Andrew Davey

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.