Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

DreamScene... Mixed feelings...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

Couple of days ago I've installed leaked DreamScene on Vista...

IMHO, not so perfect as advertised (as usually)...

Biggest problem of DS will be proper(!) HD movies. I mean videos which are FILMED in 1920x1080 resolution (at least), not "DVD upsized to HD" (like included video with quite stupid racoon). Video sample is TOO zoomed, quality is awful on my 1680x1050 monitor (video resolution is 1280x720, but it's not true, it's upsized DVD). Looks like no any blurring filters are applied.

Ok, may be it caused by included low quality video only. I don't have real 1920x1080 videos (originally filmed in this resolution! not upsized) to test DreamScene.

I have powerfull enough hardware to ignore CPU utilization...

Mixed feelings... Static HQ wallpaper still better...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    SmallBiz​Vista.com

Why don't you create your own content?

• User profile image
    Be#

Where did you get it?

• User profile image
    Be#

Where did you get it?

• User profile image
    idividebyze​ro

That is the main thing that makes me not excited about dreamscene. I know MS wouldnt include true HD videos and I dont want to use standard def videos full screen on a big monitor, it looks horrendous. If they really did include REAL hd videos then that would be cool, but I seriously doubt they ever will.

It would be better if they didnt rely on video and instead made it like a screensaver, creating scalable vector and 3d graphics.

• User profile image
    BryanF

Be# wrote:
    Where did you get it?
    Honestly, at this point, why wouldn't just wait a few more days until the 30th? At that point it will be available directly from the Ultimate Upgrades section in Vista. Not to pander to "the man", but a little laziness can go a long way sometimes.

• User profile image
    markdall

Ok, so today's the 31st.... no DreamScene. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Is anybody else able to download it?

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

markdall wrote:

Ok, so today's the 31st.... no DreamScene. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Is anybody else able to download it?

It's been delayed a few weeks, something about high cpu-usage that they wanted to avoid. You'll have to cut Stardock some slack, they're not as big of an operation as MS. Smiley

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

SmallBizVista.com wrote:
    Why don't you create your own content?

Please send me 1080p video camera! Smiley

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bas

It's a good thing you posted in huge bold letters, or I would've completely missed your message.

• User profile image
    Rowan

Bas wrote:
    It's a good thing you posted in huge bold letters, or I would've completely missed your message.

Look carefully, it's not bold. Wink

• User profile image
    Bas

Rowan wrote:

Bas wrote: It's a good thing you posted in huge bold letters, or I would've completely missed your message.

Look carefully, it's not bold.

I hereby retract. As littleguru pointed out, though, posting that message here is rather bold. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    blowdart

So you install leaked software, that's being held back because of performance problems and you complain about ..... performance problems?

What next? Fire is hot and burns?

Come on here!

• User profile image
    Island Dog

There will be plenty of content available soon I'm sure.  DreamScene itself should not be judged because of a certain video.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

blowdart wrote:
    So you install leaked software, that's being held back because of performance problems and you complain about ..... performance problems?

Come on here!
    /agreed

• User profile image
    littleguru

Bas wrote:

It's actually great to post a link to a leaked (illegal) version of DreamScene in a Microsoft forum. And to make everybody notice it, post it in huge letters...

• User profile image
    littleguru

blowdart wrote:

Come on here!

It really does? Wow! Wink

• User profile image
    cyberking911

Hi, I like to get banned for posting leaked betas!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.