Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Camels and Gates

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    billh

No, really, I'm serious. I really wonder some days where Ballmer and Gates are at in their faith. Giving to the poor is nice and all that, but could ultimately be meaningless depending on what angle you take.

NIV wrote:
    It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
    Reference

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

billh wrote:
    No, really, I'm serious. I really wonder some days where Ballmer and Gates are at in their faith. Giving to the poor is nice and all that, but could ultimately be meaningless depending on what angle you take.
    NIV wrote:It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
    Reference

I think it's awfully noble of them Smiley I wish more rich people had the same perspective in life. Education is extremely important, and whether they are religious men or not, I'm thankful that they understand that, and are trying to make this world a better place.

• User profile image
    nightski

Gates is doing great things for the world, and I am very happy to see him focus on the big issues out there.

• User profile image
    billh

Oh I agree the generosity is great, and does help a lot of people in the process. However, in terms of the Law its kind of irrelevant.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

billh wrote:
    Oh I agree the generosity is great, and does help a lot of people in the process. However, in terms of the Law its kind of irrelevant.
    Well, yeah... Smiley But I don't think Gates is a Believer anyway. Just a "good" (what we define that word to mean) guy Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.