Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Visual Basic

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I have been getting the following message whenever I try to run my 'Hello World' app. I know its trivial but if this doesnt work then what are the chances of my others not working. That would hack me off. Can someone try to give me a resolve or is there something ive done wrong with the sytax?? Ive been using the videos from the MSDN library as an introductory guide, and this is where im getting the info from. This is the error message: Visual Studio cannot start debugging the debug target C:\Documents And Settings... is missing. Please build the project and retry, or set the OutPath and AssemblyName properties appropriately to point at the correct location for the target assembly. And this is the code im using (from #1 of the MS intro vids.) Public Class Form1 Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Message.show("Hello World") ("Hello World") End Sub End Class [END] Can someone explain or is something wrong...? I have redone the app 3 times, saved it multiple times... Any suggestions? Thanx L ;P

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Never mind... I found the problem... Typical. Thanx for looking anyways. L ;P

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Can I guess you had your code snippet with break tags and looking nice in the new post editor? Seems the editor takes out break tags now or something....

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Nope, if you look at my code Message.show("Hello World") is put the wrong syntax in (typical, but you live and learn). Its meant to be MessageBox.show("Hello World")

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Nope, if you look at my code Message.show("Hello World") is put the wrong syntax in (typical, but you live and learn). Its meant to be MessageBox.show("Hello World")

I meant in your post above.....your code is all on one line.

Public Class Form1 Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Message.show("Hello World") ("Hello World") End Sub End Class

Did you do it like this all on one line? Or did the new post editor strip out <br> tags and formatting that you had?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

rite o soz.
    html tags? never occurred to me, I was kinda rushing it. Is there any way to shut down a thread???

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.