Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Holy Frijoles! Readyboost Rocks!!!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    KRomeleoN

I wanted to see if it was just hype.

I plug in my 256mb old flashdrive and it wasnt fast enough.

It was time to buy a dedicated readyboost drive.

I checked online, Staples has a 1gb Sandisk m2 on sale for 19.99.

Buy it, come home, plug it in, go through the steps. I reboot. Windows loads in like 7 seconds, from like 30 seconds.

Also, my audio was skipping (ac97) and this seems to have cured that problem.

Best 20 bucks I ever spent.

Oh and I finally found a use for the internal usb port on my usb 2.0 card - ready boost drive!

• User profile image
    Odi

I heard that there are now computers being prepped for release that "are designed for Vista" and include hardwired USB flash drives specifically for Vista's readyboost technology.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

ZippyV wrote:

Odi wrote: I heard that there are now computers being prepped for release that "are designed for Vista" and include hardwired USB flash drives specifically for Vista's readyboost technology.

WTF, iInstead of using hybrid drives.

Have hybrids actually been released yet?  I'm really, really looking forward to them when they get cheap enough, but I assumed they were still in the lab.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Odi wrote:
    I heard that there are now computers being prepped for release that "are designed for Vista" and include hardwired USB flash drives specifically for Vista's readyboost technology.

WTF, instead of using hybrid drives. Perplexed

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.