Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Buying Vista.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jack Cade

    This is what will happen when you go to your local store. Be prepared Smiley

  • User profile image
    alwaysmc2

    The Joy of Tech comic

    go Ultimate.

  • User profile image
    joem83

    Exterprise, is for businesses so the sales person should not have even asked that question.  32 and 64bit version come with the product so he did not have to ask that.  And unles he is buying a computer part, he should not have even asked about the OEM copies.  OSX can't even be bought sepertly, he would have to buy a new computer.  4 Full version and 4 Upgrade version.  That is nothing new, has been around since 2002.

    Jack Cade wrote:
    This is what will happen when you go to your local store. Be prepared


  • User profile image
    Another_​Darren

    joem83 wrote:
    Exterprise, is for businesses so the sales person should not have even asked that question.  32 and 64bit version come with the product so he did not have to ask that.  And unles he is buying a computer part, he should not have even asked about the OEM copies.  OSX can't even be bought sepertly, he would have to buy a new computer.  4 Full version and 4 Upgrade version.  That is nothing new, has been around since 2002.

    Jack Cade wrote:This is what will happen when you go to your local store. Be prepared




    It's a joke, a comic strip, it's not real!!  My god some people need a sense of humour.

  • User profile image
    joem83

    I know this is a joke, but there are some people out there that can figure out the difference.  I just wanted to make sure people userstand.

    No Offense

    Another_Darren wrote:
    
    joem83 wrote: Exterprise, is for businesses so the sales person should not have even asked that question.  32 and 64bit version come with the product so he did not have to ask that.  And unles he is buying a computer part, he should not have even asked about the OEM copies.  OSX can't even be bought sepertly, he would have to buy a new computer.  4 Full version and 4 Upgrade version.  That is nothing new, has been around since 2002.

    Jack Cade wrote: This is what will happen when you go to your local store. Be prepared




    It's a joke, a comic strip, it's not real!!  My god some people need a sense of humour.

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    joem83 wrote:
     OSX can't even be bought sepertly, he would have to buy a new computer.


    Sorry it can be


    But the point is, this is going to confuse users that aren't technology focused. However with promotions like this it's kinda hard to at least give it a try

  • User profile image
    joem83

    Went to the apple store and CompUSA, both of them said that it requres you to already have a MAC computer, it is an upgrade.  The Apple store said you have to prove you have a mac before they will sell it to you, but comp had no idea.

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    
    joem83 wrote:  OSX can't even be bought sepertly, he would have to buy a new computer.


    Sorry it can be


    But the point is, this is going to confuse users that aren't technology focused. However with promotions like this it's kinda hard to at least give it a try

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    joem83 wrote:
    Went to the apple store and CompUSA, both of them said that it requres you to already have a MAC computer, it is an upgrade.  The Apple store said you have to prove you have a mac before they will sell it to you, but comp had no idea.

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    joem83 wrote:  OSX can't even be bought sepertly, he would have to buy a new computer.


    Sorry it can be


    But the point is, this is going to confuse users that aren't technology focused. However with promotions like this it's kinda hard to at least give it a try


    Sorry they lied to you. Also...you can buy it off the Apple website so please don't start. Or Amazon or CDW or ... so your point is still invalid.

  • User profile image
    idividebyze​ro

    Im guessing my PC would work better with Vista than OS X.

  • User profile image
    Another_​Darren

    joem83 wrote:
    Went to the apple store and CompUSA, both of them said that it requres you to already have a MAC computer, it is an upgrade.  The Apple store said you have to prove you have a mac before they will sell it to you, but comp had no idea.

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    joem83 wrote:  OSX can't even be bought sepertly, he would have to buy a new computer.


    Sorry it can be


    But the point is, this is going to confuse users that aren't technology focused. However with promotions like this it's kinda hard to at least give it a try


    No it's a full install. Just because it is for a specific platform doesn't make an upgrade. You can install Tiger on any mac no matter what OS or level it's at.  What if I have Linux on my mac does that mean I'm upgrading it with Tiger?

  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    
    But the point is, this is going to confuse users that aren't technology focused. However with promotions like this it's kinda hard to at least give it a try


    Why do I get the feeling that it's really only the "tech experts" who seem to get confused. They feel the need to try to overanalyze everything.

    On the other hand, the typical user only really cares about $ and what they can do with each version.

    If you run a business, then you'll go for the business edition.  If you're a home user, you'll go for the home edition.  If you're into digital media, you'll go for home premium.  And if you care to spend tons of money to "have everything," you'll go for the Ultimate edition.

    Normal users don't waste their time looking at comparison charts and figuring out each any every feature they're missing by choosing one edition over the other, less do they know what each feature is anyways. They'll go by what's marketted to them and by the name of the edition. 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.