Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Office 2007 for Mac Beta

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Yes, after reading the title, you probably think this is a thread to get into the Office 2007 Mac Beta...but no it's not!

Instead this is a thread ASKING how to get into the beta program for it? I imagine that Microsoft will probably just do internal beta, Apple will beta, and  offer there beta testers...but what about us regular Mac users? Anything?

• User profile image
    Custa1200

We miss out Sad

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Instead this is a thread ASKING how to get into the beta program for it? I imagine that Microsoft will probably just do internal beta, Apple will beta, and  offer there beta testers...but what about us regular Mac users? Anything?

First off, get the name right Smiley It's Office 2008 for Mac.

• User profile image
    rcardona

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Apple will beta, and offer their beta testers...but what about us regular Mac users? Anything?

Are you ware of Microsoft Connect?  If the program is not available there, it's not a public beta.  And if it's not a public beta then you have to know someone or meet specific criteria to get to test it.  What are you trying to achieve with the beta?

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

W3bbo wrote:

Cybermagellan wrote:Instead this is a thread ASKING how to get into the beta program for it? I imagine that Microsoft will probably just do internal beta, Apple will beta, and  offer there beta testers...but what about us regular Mac users? Anything?

First off, get the name right It's Office 2008 for Mac.

Is it? I coulda swore it was going to have the same name as the Office 2007 branding since it was due to come out in Q3 of this year.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

rcardona wrote:

Cybermagellan wrote:Apple will beta, and offer their beta testers...but what about us regular Mac users? Anything?

Are you ware of Microsoft Connect?  If the program is not available there, it's not a public beta.  And if it's not a public beta then you have to know someone or meet specific criteria to get to test it.  What are you trying to achieve with the beta?

Yeah I'm aware of it, I'm in/was the Windows Vista/Longhorn Server beta on there. What am I trying to accomplish? I'm a heavy Office 2004 user, I'd just like to use a good product.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.