Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Disable automatic icon resizing in Vista?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Does anybody know how to disable the automatic icon resizing in Vista Explorer. I mean the Vista Explorer always switches to big icons when a picture is in the currently open folder... Is there a way to disable this behaviour?

I want details view for all folders, independent of the content!

I have seen that somebody posted in an earlier thread something about that, but I couldn't find that post anymore.

Thanks!

• User profile image
    idividebyze​ro

set your viewing preference, press alt to get to folder options, then on the view tab hit "apply to folders"

• User profile image
    littleguru

idividebyzero wrote:
    set your viewing preference, press alt to get to folder options, then on the view tab hit "apply to folders"

Doesn't work. I have also disabled "Remember each folder's view settings" to have all folders aligned. But it simply doesn't work. Each time I open a folder with videos or pictures in it it sets the viewing back to big icons.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

In Vista you have to do the "Apply to all folders" bit multiple times, once for each folder type. If you open a folder's properties and go to the customize tab you'll see it uses one of several templates (e.g. all items, documents, images). The "apply to all folders" button really just applies to the current template.

So if you open a folder with an image in it, check if it's using the "images" template, then configure it the way you want and use apply to all folders, then all image folders will look that way from then on.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Thanks a lot Sven. I somehow overlooked that. It's even saying in the label that the apply to all folders works only for the selected template... Sad

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.