Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Branding Cardspace

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

So I'm, err, "finalising" my presentation for WebDD next Saturday and knocking up the Cardspace demos and slides. One of the nicer aspects of Cardspace is the common user experience (see that, presenter mode that is) when logging in.

Except....

There's no actual Cardspace logo. So every site will have some different way of indicating that Cardspace is supported. Every login form will look different.

And I'll be damned if I can find any usable image to put on a sample web page which would nicely indicate a Cardspace capable site.

Someone missed a move there I feel.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

If there is a logo, it's probably just the same as the other ones. Boring, simple and in Franklin Gothic Smiley

Windows
                CardSpace

• User profile image
    blowdart

Harlequin wrote:
    If there is a logo, it's probably just the same as the other ones. Boring, simple and in Franklin Gothic

Windows
                CardSpace

Heh. I might do that for badness, thanks!

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

blowdart wrote:

Harlequin wrote: If there is a logo, it's probably just the same as the other ones. Boring, simple and in Franklin Gothic

Windows
                CardSpace

Heh. I might do that for badness, thanks!

You could at least use the control panel icon along with that (don't have .net 3 to grab an image of it right now)...  and Segoe is so totally the way to go nowadays Wink

• User profile image
    digiduck

The DinnerNow sample application (www.dinnernow.net) uses CardSpace on it's login page and has a nice little icon image to represent it -- the full source code for DinnerNow gets released this week so may want to check it out.

• User profile image
    blowdart

digiduck wrote:
    The DinnerNow sample application (www.dinnernow.net) uses CardSpace on it's login page and has a nice little icon image to represent it -- the full source code for DinnerNow gets released this week so may want to check it out.

Interesting, but "this week" might be too late Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:

You could at least use the control panel icon along with that (don't have .net 3 to grab an image of it right now)...  and Segoe is so totally the way to go nowadays

Yea, already got it grabbed, but it's just too small to act as suitable eye candy.

• User profile image
    digiduck

"this week" == the 31st last I checked. It may still be too late but at least it isn't quite as vague Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

digiduck wrote:
    "this week" == the 31st last I checked. It may still be too late but at least it isn't quite as vague

True and I always end up changing things 2 hours before I'm due to speak anyway

• User profile image
    DavidAiken

DinnerNow.NET is available now from http://www.dinnernow.net/ follow the download links.

• User profile image
    blowdart

DavidAiken wrote:

DinnerNow.NET is available now from http://www.dinnernow.net/ follow the download links.

Funny how the readme is an XPS. I ended up taking the grey head from the netfx3 sandbox (which doesn't work with the Firefox plugin for some reason)

• User profile image
    RichTurner

Hey all. We're currently working on a standard logo for "Information Cards". You'd be surprised at the complications involved in creating such a logo and protecting it from inappropriate use/abuse!

Bear with us! Wink

Rich.

• User profile image
    blowdart

RichTurner wrote:
    Hey all. We're currently working on a standard logo for "Information Cards". You'd be surprised at the complications involved in creating such a logo and protecting it from inappropriate use/abuse!

Bear with us!

Rich.

*grin* Can I quote you tomorrow?

(hey, got anything I can show? *bigger grin*)

• User profile image
    blowdart

sirhomer wrote:
    I just disabled a service called "CardSpace" on a workstation that was causing it to slow down to sub-Pentium levels. Any relation?

So you admit you're running Windows? Oh and no, there's no "CardSpace" service. It's Windows Cardspace and it doesn't run by default and only appears when the cardUI pops up, then closes down.

Why do I not believe you at all?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.