Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Messenger down?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

Around 1930h UTC the MSN Messenger Windows Live Messenger service went down for me (I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7, same as always), can anyone repro?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

W3bbo wrote:
    Around 1930h UTC the MSN Messenger Windows Live Messenger service went down for me (I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7, same as always), can anyone repro?

It's up for me, at 19:54 UTC (in the eastern US, though, so it could just be a UK issue).

Running the same version of Windows Messenger as you are (4.7, the one that comes with XP).

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo wrote:

You sure you just haven't been blocked by everyone? Big Smile

• User profile image
    Angus

My Sister said something about not being able to get on about 2 hours ago. (That is here in the UK). Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

I was not able to connect. There are connections issues with WLM 8.1
     that are there since  about a month now.

The service is just terrible. Off-line messages don't get delivered, and even online messages bounce back. Spontaneous disconnection. Even when people add you and you accept or block them, Messenger keeps asking again and again each time you login.

Also, the block/unblock feature is broken.

Its just been terrible really.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

blowdart wrote:

W3bbo wrote:Around 1930h UTC the MSN Messenger Windows Live Messenger service went down for me (I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7, same as always), can anyone repro?

You sure you just haven't been blocked by everyone?

LOL. but you can add yourself, or add smarterchild@homtail.com. Its a bot that is quite useful.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.