Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

livePhone

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

What's with the little windows Icon?
    Sven, care to translate any of these icons?

I'd say fake...but that's subject to change!

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

Fake. It's a rehash of the iPhone, even the icons on the bottom. 

Also it would indicate which version of livePhone you had...

livePhone Phone Basic (phone and sms)
    livePhone Phone Premium (phone, sms, contacts upto 50 and call log)
    livePhone Business (as above plus hold call, and contacts upto 250, and email)
    livePhone Enterprise (as above plus let's you sync with desktop)
    livePhone Ultimate (as above plus gallery, camera and shows name of caller)
    livePhone Ultimate Signed (as above plus Bill G has signed screen so you can't see the phone desktop)
    (Comes in 32 and 64 bit and two interfaces depending on the tariff you pay)

Plus not WGA icon on screen to prove you are paying MS a month carrier charge.

Wink

• User profile image
    Harlequin

If you read the news item, it's from a Chinese company that copies Apple quite a bit. Why livePhone? I don't see Windows Live anywhere in the news item, if that's what you're getting at...

• User profile image
    z2bass

If it were real, there would be a serious lawsuite B/W MSFT and Apple... hopefully apple would loose that that thing is awsome!

iPhone is going to be the flop of 2007... btw!

• User profile image
    Harlequin

z2bass wrote:
    If it were real, there would be a serious lawsuite B/W MSFT and Apple... hopefully apple would loose that that thing is awsome!

I doubt the iPhone itself will flop. From what I've read it's the parts manufacturers which will be incredibly stretched for resources(LCD screen, components, etc)

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

It's a well-designed fake, though.

This standard USB port is very useful.  My Zen is set up this way (with both a standard and proprietary port on the bottom), and it's nice to just be able to ask the admin of a computer lab for a cable instead of having to carry a proprietary cable with me.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

z2bass wrote:

I hate it when people say things like that.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

z2bass wrote:
    If it were real, there would be a serious lawsuite B/W MSFT and Apple...

Uhm... where would MSFT be involved in this?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

PaoloM wrote:

z2bass wrote: If it were real, there would be a serious lawsuite B/W MSFT and Apple...

In Cybermagellans thread title.....hehe

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

PaoloM wrote:

z2bass wrote:If it were real, there would be a serious lawsuite B/W MSFT and Apple...

Might have been the MSFT logo in the app-list...not that this would imply any ownership by MSFT, but that might have been where he got it from...

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

jsampsonPC wrote:

PaoloM wrote: 
    z2bass wrote: If it were real, there would be a serious lawsuite B/W MSFT and Apple...

Might have been the MSFT logo in the app-list...not that this would imply any ownership by MSFT, but that might have been where he got it from...

livePhone, as in Windows Live Phone, as in... Microsoft Windows Live.
    I think this is supposed to be a product of Windows Live.  (Never mind the fact that Windows Live only does software.)

• User profile image
    PaoloM

But these are renderings (?) of the Meizus M8 phone (that's a chinese company). They may be WM licensees, but that's where Microsoft's involvment with them ends.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

alwaysmc2 wrote:
    livePhone, as in Windows Live Phone, as in... Microsoft Windows Live.
    I think this is supposed to be a product of Windows Live.  (Never mind the fact that Windows Live only does software.)

Yeah, but nowhere does it say that except the thread title. Even the article just talks about it being a Chinese iPhone knockoff.There's nothing "Windows Live" about it.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Actually I just labled this thread livePhone to match the Live branding...but wouldn't it be cool if it existed....Microsoft endorsed it and it had plugins to all the live services?

Maps - Windows Live Local
    Contacts/Address Book - Windows Live Messenger
    Media - Windows Media Player/Urge
    Gadgets - Windows Sideshow
    etc....

And then it runs on top of Singularity Tongue Out

• User profile image
    staceyw

Well my t-mobil Dash is not too far from that already.  Add a bigger screen and some more horses, and you can fancy up the hard shell a lot of ways.  It really needs the qwerty pad however. I don't see being able to use this as easy as my qwerty.   A touch-finger qwerty on the screen at the right time may be interesting however.  The screen and form factor is definitely the right direction IMO.  Until we get a wireless VR screen projected into glasses or something.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.