Coffeehouse Thread

43 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista Ice House: Toronto Launch Pics

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Saw this on Breakfast Television around 9 - so I drove downtown - went in and took these pics.  Everyone was nice and posed with c9 guy (although they had never heard of him)

Cool house... very cool... very very cooool  (brr)  Smiley

Vista Ice House:  Toronto

Yonge and Dundas

• User profile image
    blowdart

Why did those pictures on hardware on top of ice make me worry?

Drip ... drip ... drip ...

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Awesome!

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

blowdart wrote:
    Why did those pictures on hardware on top of ice make me worry?

Drip ... drip ... drip ...

I notice that they had a plastic sheet underneath the monitor...and I think the laptop also.

• User profile image
    dahat

No reason to worry... I doubt they are running 3dfx parts in those things.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Awesome stuff!

I like the pictures with the strangers with the 9-guy! Big Smile

Very nice house too!

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Finally!

I can come out with the product I've been working on for the last months but I couldn't tell you because of NDA and competitive positioning.

It took many years for the idea to be finally achievable with a off the shelf technology, but now we're at the perfect convergence of technological level, society acceptance, consumer spending and culinary necessities.

I'd like to thank my whole team for their endless nights and weekends spent away from their families working on this awesome product and <sniff> I'd like to thank those families too </sniff> for their enduring perseverance.

We couldn't get to this point without the help of our focus groups that spent many many mornings trying to work with early betas of the product, sometimes with spectacular failures (yes, Jimmy, we'll pay the insurance on your burned down house), sometimes with perfect results, but always with insightful feedback and precious suggestions.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you...

THE OFFICE 2007 TOASTER HOME EDITION!

• User profile image
    jamie

haha ...i hear it toasts your html formatting...  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    blowdart

jamie wrote:
    haha ...i hear it toasts your html formatting... 

I just noticed today what pisses me off with Outlook 2007. "Outlook Quote Fix" doesn't work with it any more, and I'm back to Outlook's utterly stupid "indent, and start typing at the top" style of quotes that lots of people have complained about over the years and still isn't configurable.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

jamie wrote:
    haha ...i hear it toasts your html formatting... 

We have a plugin for Windows Live Messenger; when somebody comes online, a toast is popped.

• User profile image
    Jaz

i feel honored to be the first one to say.....

Very Cool

• User profile image
    whatup

Somebody should report this to CRA and Ontario revenue as a non legitimate and extremely unrelated business expense, in case this was used as a basis for a deduction. I see nothing legitimately linking funding the construction of an ICE HOUSE to releasing software, and I don't see how CRA will either once they know. If a business can slide that by as a business expense to reduce net income, all of Canada is in trouble. Toothpick factories will start adding pleasure yachts and unrelated items on their expense list citing that it's loosely related and bares their product logo. We should collectively be sicked if this is considered a legitimate business expense.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

whatup wrote:
    Somebody should report this to CRA and Ontario revenue as a non legitimate and extremely unrelated business expense, in case this was used as a basis for a deduction. I see nothing legitimately linking funding the construction of an ICE HOUSE to releasing software, and I don't see how CRA will either once they know. If a business can slide that by as a business expense to reduce net income, all of Canada is in trouble. Toothpick factories will start adding pleasure yachts and unrelated items on their expense list citing that it's loosely related and bares their product logo. We should collectively be sicked if this is considered a legitimate business expense.

Pick up the phone and call them yourself. Then you can be the one they laugh at.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Harlequin wrote:

whatup wrote: Somebody should report this to CRA and Ontario revenue as a non legitimate and extremely unrelated business expense, in case this was used as a basis for a deduction. I see nothing legitimately linking funding the construction of an ICE HOUSE to releasing software, and I don't see how CRA will either once they know. If a business can slide that by as a business expense to reduce net income, all of Canada is in trouble. Toothpick factories will start adding pleasure yachts and unrelated items on their expense list citing that it's loosely related and bares their product logo. We should collectively be sicked if this is considered a legitimate business expense.

Pick up the phone and call them yourself. Then you can be the one they laugh at.

Do you really think he's got the balls to do that?

• User profile image
    whatup

Really, how dare I report possible tax fraud to the CRA? I expect a good telling off indeed. That and a letter via Canada post should be fine. Look at these pictures and replace the windows logo with IBM. IBM building an ICE HOUSE to release software? Should that be a legitimate expense? Should it be questioned or reported?

• User profile image
    PaoloM

whatup wrote:
    Really, how dare I report possible tax fraud to the CRA? I expect a good telling off indeed. That and a letter via Canada post should be fine. Look at these pictures and replace the windows logo with IBM. IBM building an ICE HOUSE to release software? Should that be a legitimate expense? Should it be questioned or reported?

Why not? What exactly would the problem be?

Until you post here scans of your letter to CRA (and their reply) and an audio file of your phone call to them, you're still blowing smoke.

By the way, how do you define a "legitimate expense"?

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks for posting these, jamie!

C

• User profile image
    dentaku

Must must have been fun to build.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.