Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista Ultimate Extras

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    conkerjoe

So we have had our first set of updates for vista. less than 24 hours after its official launch..
    2 Of the items in theupdate list were ultimate extras

Texas hold em and BitLocker

But where is DreamScene??
    does anyone know when DreamScene will be released?

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

during this year... hopefully...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

conkerjoe wrote:
    does anyone know when DreamScene will be released?

I tell you something... a secret... nobody knows of it yet: this forum has something called "multiple pages". Look at page 3 and you will find this: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=277379

Wink Hehe

• User profile image
    Bas

So, I finally got around to installing Vista RTM. Guess what? No Ultimate Extra's available. I guess they're still being localised, or something. Is anybody else with a non-US version of Vista able to download the extra's?

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

Bas wrote:
    So, I finally got around to installing Vista RTM. Guess what? No Ultimate Extra's available. I guess they're still being localised, or something. Is anybody else with a non-US version of Vista able to download the extra's?

Did you activate it? I'm running a Swedish localized Vista and the exrtas plopped up just fine.

The "Activate when online" choice during install has been a little finnicky so I suggest you check it out in the Control Panel to be on the safe side.

PS Bitlocker key on marketplace is a great addon, best UE as far as I'm concerned.

• User profile image
    Bas

I hadn't yet, but I activated it just now, but still no luck. I searched for new updates, but I still get the message that there are no ultimate extra's. Are your extra's localised, too? I'm thinking that maybe there's some sort of delay with out localisation or something.

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

Everything's localized as far as I can see, even the addons etc. But come to think of it I installed off the US English DVD (Vista beta gift) and installed the locale after that showed up in the update, maybe that's got something to do with it?

• User profile image
    Bas

That might be it. Meanwhile, I checked some other forums, and it turns out that nobody has the Dutch extra's yet. Apparently they're not available yet, or they're phasing the distribution or something.

Apparently, it does work if you install the English language pack, download the extra's, and switch back to your original language. Haven't tried that yet.

• User profile image
    Tim.be

I can confirm this works.  Also have the dutch Vista Ultimate installed but with no english MUI installed it does not show Vista Ultimate Extras.

Pretty much a shame, that you only can install extras in your own locale.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Tim.be, I see you just registered today, so I'd like to welcome you to C9. Always great to see another Belgian here (I assume you're Belgian?).

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Hmmm... Perplexed

No "Texas hold em" in my extras... I'm using english Vista...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Tim.be

TommyCarlier wrote:
    Tim.be, I see you just registered today, so I'd like to welcome you to C9. Always great to see another Belgian here (I assume you're Belgian?).

Hello Tommy!
    Thanks for the welcome Smiley and indeed as in my nickname, I am from Belgium from Antwerp more specific.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Ah, iene van Aantwaarpe! Ik zin van de West-Vloanders.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.