Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Problem I have concerning learning to program

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    winguy395

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

You will never get wealthy doing something you don't love.

Become good at what you love, be wise with your money and set goals, and don't get into debt.  Then you will be wealthy.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

If you want to program as a hobby, do things you enjoy -- otherwise it's not really a hobby, it's work.

Herbie

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

My goal is to become wealthy to point where I don't need to worry about money and I can spend all my time on things I enjoy

Wow! What a dream! What a nice dream! I've read about this in books. "American dream"?
    "I had a 50 bucks, came to NY, worked hard and became a zillionaire!"

Strive, but be ready to never reach your goal...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    rhm

BlackTiger wrote:

My goal is to become wealthy to point where I don't need to worry about money and I can spend all my time on things I enjoy

Wow! What a dream! What a nice dream! I've read about this in books. "American dream"?
    "I had a 50 bucks, came to NY, worked hard and became a zillionaire!"

Strive, but be ready to never reach your goal...

It's easy! Learn how to invest in real estate with no money down.....
    Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

Love it, change it or leave it... If you don't love it you should try to do something else!

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Step 1: Learn to program
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit!

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Massif

I don't worry about money, and I'm overdrawn. (There is no causal relationship here... )

If you can learn to live without the money, then you will already achieve that dream. Live within your means and you'll never have to worry about money, unless something really horrific happens.

Oh, but you can get more money programming if you become a "consultant." being a "consultant" involves learning a lot of buzzwords and having a vague idea what they all mean - and then bamboozling people with them when they ask for advice. (Learn to program business apps if you want to be paid for it, businesses have more money and need programs.)

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Sven Groot wrote:
    Step 1: Learn to program
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit!

Which episode of South Park?

• User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum
  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

Everyone wants to be wealthy enough to do whatever they want, it's kind of a given.  The smart ones get there by doing whatever they want before they are rich.  Otherwise, you're wealthy and find that you are in a career path that sucks.

What kind of worries me, however, is that you sound as if you are just starting out and may not be ready for the long haul it will take to get to that point.  Sure, there are plenty of exceptions who write some super cool piece of code and end up as a brazillionaire, but most don't. 

Same with business.  Ever time I see some recently successful business owner interviewed, he/she says some lame crap like "I just kept trying and didn't give up".  Well, sure.  If you gave up, you wouldn't have succeeded, but that doesn't mean that the simple act of trying is a guarantee of success. 

There is no quick and easy way to do it unless you get very, very lucky.  If you like programming, then do it and like Massif said, "live within your means".  It seems difficult, but if you dont' get caught up with the trappings of appearing wealthy (when you aren't) then you'd be amazed at how little it takes to live.

Check out:  www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com

It's a blog written by a guy who discusses some of the money management stuff that most people simply blow off. 

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.