Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Best Free RSS Feed Reader?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ubercoder

Hi guys,

Since Onfolio keeps crashing my IE 7, I'm in the search for a similar RSS Feed Reader.

I love Onfolio because is simple and has enought good features but is unusable after 3-4 minutes of use, popping a "Buffer Overflow" message (actually my antivirus does).

Any suggestions?

• User profile image
    littleguru

*cough* here *cough* (sorry have a little bit the flu)

• User profile image
    ubercoder

Copy from that post:

"Anyone wanna gimme a windows mobile phone for me to try it on? Smiley"

• User profile image
    ubercoder

Nobody reads RSS in this forum?

I know Channel9 is good but....8-)

• User profile image
    rhm

I use sharpreader at the moment. Even though I haven't used any other free readers I'd have trouble describing it as 'the best'. 'just adequate' would be better, but it does the job.

• User profile image
    ubercoder

The feature I liked the most in Onfolio is the "Reading List" where you select articles for a later reading.
    After you read the article you just remove it from the list.

Is that supported in sharpreader?

• User profile image
    digiduck

I've been using Google Reader (http://reader.google.com) for probably 6 months now and have been extremely pleased. I use to use Bloglines and I like Google Reader much more.

Reader also supports Staring articles that you want to read later. It puts them in a special Starred Items list and when you're done reading it you can just remove the star. You can also create a Shared Feeds list and then give your friends the RSS to that so you can share all your favorite articles with them. Pretty kool stuff.

• User profile image
    k00k

Simple Answer Cool .. Office 2007 with Outlooks Built in RSS Feed Reader.

• User profile image
    atehrani

http://www.rssowl.org

Best RSS reader IMO

• User profile image
    michaelkenw​ard

digiduck wrote:
    I've been using Google Reader (http://reader.google.com) for probably 6 months now and have been extremely pleased. I use to use Bloglines and I like Google Reader much more.

Reader also supports Staring articles that you want to read later. It puts them in a special Starred Items list and when you're done reading it you can just remove the star. You can also create a Shared Feeds list and then give your friends the RSS to that so you can share all your favorite articles with them. Pretty kool stuff.

I too have started to migrate things from Onfolio to Google Reader.

A good way to save stuff for future reference is, if you don't want it local, to "searchle" links with tags.

Searchles | MK's posts

They've just changed the thing to allow private groups. I wouldn't use it for senstive stuff, but as a quick on the fly archive with tags it works fine.

MK

• User profile image
    michaelkenw​ard

k00k wrote:
    Simple Answer  .. Office 2007 with Outlooks Built in RSS Feed Reader.

How does that qualify as "free"?

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

I've found the RSS reader built into IE7 to be adequate for my needs.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I used to use RSS Bandit (which is a great piece of software) but since I only really follow a few feeds and want to be able to do so from any computer, I've pretty much switched to live.com.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.