Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How Developers Blow Off Steam

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    fdisk

I'm curious how devs (or even PMs!) at Microsoft blow off steam after or during a project.  Or after a bad day dealing with trolls constantly slamming your products.

:O

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

fdisk wrote:
    I'm curious how devs (or even PMs!) at Microsoft blow off steam after or during a project.  Or after a bad day dealing with trolls constantly slamming your products.

play xbox 360 games.

Or work on the products to satisfy the trolls;)

• User profile image
    Harlequin

SecretSoftware wrote:
    Or work on the products to satisfy the trolls

Methinks no such software exists Smiley

• User profile image
    Angus

If I've done a lot of work, or coding, or anything really; I like to just go out to the weights bench in my garage, or the gym, and lift weights for an hour. It is really fun and it gets you tired.

I am not from Microsoft so I don't know if I am answering your question, but this is what I do personally.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    RichardRudek

During Summer, and it's not blowing a gale, I'll go snorkling - about 35 minutes and I'm in the water... Smiley

Otherwise, I'll go to the local pool and do laps - and pickup yet another strain of Tinea. Grr...

• User profile image
    Charles

Drink bourbon.
    C

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Charles wrote:
    Drink bourbon.
    C

++

Are you a fan of Jack, Jim, the Turkey, or something else?  I swear, I have like 5 bottles of bourbon in my cupboard. 

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I don't work at Microsoft, but I feel like answering. I recently started going to the gym, because my condition really sucked. Big time. I've been doing it for about 3 months now, and I go 3 times a week. Before that, I spent most of my time sitting. Either in front of a PC, or in front of the TV. But now I feel better than ever. It's a good way to blow off steam after work. I'm a lot fitter now, and my saggy böobs have turned into hard, muscular man-boöbs to be proud of.

• User profile image
    Frank​Palinkas

Apologies, not with Microsoft either, but couldn't resist:

1. Drink Famous Grouse.
    2. Pray that next time a troll posts to 9 they don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Big Smile

• User profile image
    PetKnep

Used to be having a beer or some vodka. Was getting too fat and it doesn't really help with the critical thinking skills.

I like a quick trip to the gun range, put a few down range and all the rage is gone. Then I go home, start up ntsd again and I can magically find the memory problem that I spent 2 hours looking for while angry.

• User profile image
    Bas

Load Oblivion and attempt to kill every single person in the Imperial City in a massive, wild killing spree.

Err, not MS either.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.