Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Sound Recorder

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Littlesushii

I have a simple Sound Recorder, was working just fine after a few days until now...it just suddenly stop giving sound why is that?

• User profile image
    Red5

SEP2007 wrote:
    I've just got a microphone for the computer and have been using the sound recorder that comes with XP, but it only records 60 seconds of sound at one time.

Can anyone recommend a software package I could use to record sound for longer periods of time ?

Here's a fix/workaround if you want to use the one bundled with XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/82215

I think it tried it in XP and it worked, but that was years ago.

• User profile image
    Dan

If you're a developer and want to programatically build a sound recording application or need to do so programatically*, then check out the Coding4Fun Developer Toolkit which includes a DirectX Sound Recorder application with the ability to change the sample rate and sample size.

* You could use this programatically with a motion sensor web cam that, when it senses movement, automatically starts the mic recording in your home and emails you the sound file after some time interval.

• User profile image
    WaruiKoohii

I miss the Windows 3.1 sound recorder app myself.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.