Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Dream Scene is now available

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rd_Falcon

I just did an update check in vista, and it now has the dream scene preview available for download, along with 2 other updates.  Though it seems to be crashing my video drivers at the moment, so Im still trying to figure out what is causing that.

Update:  I found that if I right click on the desktop and then click pause, and then wait for it to update the screen, then I can click resume and it actually works.  My guess is the problem is due to the nvidia driver.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

I like it so far, save for the fact the movie is such a small resoloution and doesnt scale well on a 1280x1024 or 1440x900 display. But thats why it's a preview I guess. 5 stars though.

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

Not working here ... After installing and restarting the "play DreamScene (preview)" on right-click desktop is greye out.

Gfx card is a geforce 7900 gt using 100.59

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

The best thing about DreamScene is that it gives you new options for positioning any wallpaper.

Maintain aspect ratio, or Crop to fit screen.

• User profile image
    Massif

Ooohh... Pretty, but why only one packaged dream? And dream.wincustomise.com (or dreams.wincustomize.com not too sure on spelling now the links' gone.) only has two more!

Still, pretty...

• User profile image
    PetKnep

Which video comes with the preview?

• User profile image
    blowdart

Stardock already have free additions

http://dream.wincustomize.com/index.aspx?c=1

• User profile image
    Rd_Falcon

its not much, but it looks nice.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

I've seen no Vista Extra's yet am I missing something?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

HellSnoopy wrote:

Not working here ... After installing and restarting the "play DreamScene (preview)" on right-click desktop is greye out.

Gfx card is a geforce 7900 gt using 100.59

That option can be used to pause/play the dreamscene video only after you've selected one. You have to go to personalize, desktop background first to select a video as your background.

My reaction: it looks neat. Not something I'll keep using long term (I find the whole concept of desktop background fairly pointless to begin with, and I'll always pick one that's as unobtrusive as possible. This doesn't qualify.)

• User profile image
    harumscarum

pretty cool. Yet another reason to always lock your pc when you step away.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Sven Groot wrote:
    Not something I'll keep using long term (I find the whole concept of desktop background fairly pointless to begin with, and I'll always pick one that's as unobtrusive as possible. This doesn't qualify.)
    You have to admit though, if you have an auxillary display or just more than one display it's nice to have.

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

I didn't think I would like it, but I do. It's really nice. Where can you download more scenes from?

• User profile image
    Island Dog

You can get more Dreams from Dreams.Wincustomize.Com.  There you can also download DeskScapes and Dream Maker.

http://dream.wincustomize.com

Smiley

• User profile image
    PetKnep

Sylock Red is so much better than the one that comes with DS. I wish they would release some more specs on the .dream format. They are claiming you can make your own 3d and set triggers. I want to make dynamic content for the wallpaper Smiley

• User profile image
    Island Dog

Dynamic content should be showing up in the next week or so.  One it's ready we will update Dream Maker to include creating triggers and such.

Smiley

• User profile image
    PetKnep

Island Dog wrote:
    Dynamic content should be showing up in the next week or so.  One it's ready we will update Dream Maker to include creating triggers and such.

Stardock is lurking...[6]

• User profile image
    Island Dog

Just keeping you updated.

Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.