Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

No Hotmail via Outlook?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I reformatted my computer yesterday, and tried setting up my Hotmail account through Outlook...didn't work. It just kept asking me for my password, I'd provide it, and it'd ask again. So I tried setting up in Outlook Express....same problem.

Anybody know what going on?

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

I reformatted on Jauary 30th, and Outlook 2003 and hotmail work fine with me. Though, I got my account in 2003, which seems to make a difference.  My mom got hers last year and she can't use Outlook with her account.

• User profile image
    atehrani

I had the same problem when I upgraded to IE7. Accessing Hotmail using Outlook Express broke. I have been unable to resolve the issue.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

atehrani wrote:
    I had the same problem when I upgraded to IE7. Accessing Hotmail using Outlook Express broke. I have been unable to resolve the issue.

It's because you're not allowed to.

Now you have to pay to use Hotmail via Outlook, and accessing it via Outlook Express was stopped for new users ages ago.

• User profile image
    JeremyJ

It works fine for me but I have had my Hotmail acount since before they were owned by Microsoft (1995? 1996?).

• User profile image
    W3bbo

JeremyJ wrote:
    It works fine for me but I have had my Hotmail acount since before they were owned by Microsoft (1995? 1996?).

As I said, it only affects new users or those who are attempting to recreate the accounts via Outlook.

Say Jeremy, is that your Golden Retriever in your avatar?

• User profile image
    JeremyJ

W3bbo wrote:
    Say Jeremy, is that your Golden Retriever in your avatar?

Yup.  His name is Steve.

• User profile image
    joem83

Download IE7fix Authentication (WindowsXP-KB904942-v2-x86-ENU)  This will fix your problem, if you were already able to use Outlook with Hotmail.

atehrani wrote:

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.