Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The new guy

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Inky

hey all!  name is Greg Palinkas. Am an animator studying in Florida at Full Sail.

my dad (Frank Palinkas) showed me this site an it looks pretty cool.

so yeah, just thought i'd say howzit to all the fellas.

schweeeet.

• User profile image
    Mikyt

Inky wrote:
    hey all!  name is Greg Palinkas. Am an animator studying in Florida at Full Sail.

schweeeet.

Hi! Good to meet you here. This is a good place for U to talk about something such as computer programming and things like that.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Welcome Inky!

This is the coffeehouse, so please feel free to talk about whatever you want.  Especially animation, we don't have a lot of that type of talk around here and I know I would personally be interested in hearing about someone who's done work in that area.

• User profile image
    irascian

Welcome inky.

If you haven't already seen it you might also want to check out Channel 9's sister site: Channel 10 Where Channel 9 has a strong developer focus, Channel 10 has more of a creative focus which I think will be right up your street.

But stick around, we like to get people from both communities on these boards Smiley

• User profile image
    Frank​Palinkas

Inky wrote:

schweeeet.

Hi Gregs and welcome!
    Glad to see you here. Also, if you've got some cool stuff you've done, you can post it to the Sandbox so the forum members can download and play with it. If you think someting might be of interest on the animation side (Maya running on Windows, etc.), let the Coffeehouse know.

See ya!

Dad

Note: For those who might find it of interest, computer-based animation sort of runs in our family. Devo Palinkas, Gregs cousin, was a C programmer at Blizzard Software where she and her husband, David Brevik were instrumental in the Diablo series of games. They broke away from Blizzard and formed Flagship Studios http://www.flagshipstudios.com where David is the Chief Visionary Officer. You might have heard of their new game to be released shortly "Hellgate London". Also, if your interested in joining this kind of company, check out their job site reachable from their home page.

• User profile image
    raymond

Hello Inky

Please checkout the Expression videos and tryout Expression Blend, aka the "Flash & Director killer app".

Let the Niners know what you think from an animator's point of view.  Smiley

Have you done any animation in either Macromedia's Flash and/or Director?

If so I would like to hear about your opinions as to how Expression Blend compares with Flash and/or Director.

Enjoy.

Cool

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.