Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

IE7 no longer an important update?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

I installed a Windows Server 2003 VM yesterday, and noticed that IE7 was in the "optional updates" list? Does that mean it's also not on AU anymore?

What's the deal with that?

• User profile image
    AndyC

Was it ever a critical update on Server 2003? I thought that was just an XP thing.

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

Time to move towards IE8? Big Smile (Does this rings the bell? nah... I don't hear any)

I remember reading in one of the post in here that saying, This comming "MIX-07 has an in-view on IE8" (not entirely sure about this)

May be soon to see "IE8 Week" Tongue Out Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

AndyC wrote:
    Was it ever a critical update on Server 2003? I thought that was just an XP thing.

Indeed. Consider the things you run on Server that may depend on IE and break with 7 (pointing at certain RAID Array software from IBM). It's never been forced on 2003 as critical.

• User profile image
    aspnix

No, IE7 was a critical update on Windows Server 2003. I have upgraded >50 servers, so I know for sure. Can't check it now because all servers got IE7 Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.