Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Getting refunds...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

No, not a Windows-tax refund thread....

I made a purchase at StrongEngineering.com for some screen-protectors back in August 2006, they claimed they were shipped out in November 2006, they have not arrived, yet they billed my card despite not receiving proof-of-delivery or receipt.

They're an American company and I can't get through to them via phone or email (they're not replying).

What should I do to get my money back?

• User profile image
    zian

Can you do a chargeback?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

W3bbo wrote:

I made a purchase at StrongEngineering.com for some screen-protectors back in August 2006, they claimed they were shipped out in November 2006, they have not arrived, yet they billed my card despite not receiving proof-of-delivery or receipt.

They're an American company and I can't get through to them via phone or email (they're not replying).

If it's a credit card, contact your credit card company.  They can remove charges for this kind of situation (that's why you don't use a debit card for online purchases, or at least I hope you don't).

• User profile image
    cheong

Once you receive the credit card statement, you should immediately complaint to the credit-card company that you've not receive any goods. And ask them to follow the case.

Many credit card companies includes customer purchase complaint handling as part of their service. (It's not compulsory, so you'd better check it first. But afterall it's always good to at least file a complaint first... a few credit card also offer some form of shopping insurance that in case it's proved as an accident in delivery, they'll pay for the repurchase. You can see if the card company can offer any help when reporting)

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    JChung2006

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    They can remove charges for this kind of situation (that's why you don't use a debit card for online purchases, or at least I hope you don't).

My debit card supports removal of charges like this. /shrug

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

JChung2006 wrote:

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:They can remove charges for this kind of situation (that's why you don't use a debit card for online purchases, or at least I hope you don't).

My debit card supports removal of charges like this. /shrug

In the UK the laws around credit protect the consumer.  Say you buy a sofa on credit or credit card and the company that sold it goes bust before your 12 month warranty is up, the credit card company can be held responsible for dealing with the warranty claims.  If you debit card is a Visa Debit then it protects you for charge backs but not much more.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

W3bbo wrote:

Relax and...Never trust cats, nuns and... americans!

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Jack Poison

BlackTiger wrote:

W3bbo wrote: No, not a Windows-tax refund thread....

Relax and...Never trust cats, nuns and... americans!

As an American, I 100% support that comment.. Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.