Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

[NSFW] One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

So where do I fit in? Desktop PC = Vista Ultimate Powerbook = Dual Boot OSX & Ubuntu Linux

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Cybermagellan wrote:
    So where do I fit in? Desktop PC = Vista Ultimate Powerbook = Dual Boot OSX & Ubuntu Linux

You're constantly b!tching yourself out Smiley

• User profile image
    cheong

Geek, I think. Smiley

Geeks won't satisfy with one OS only. They trend to install as many OS as they're able to use, in order to show their geekness. Wink

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

OSX and Linux? You're even worse than those Mac-only guys. You can imagine the face I'm pulling right now Wink

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

Lame, BS, Sad....  Just look at the guys homepage, he's obviously in love with a himself.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Another_Darren wrote:
    Lame, BS, Sad....  Just look at the guys homepage, he's obviously in love with a himself.

I guess the sterotype about americans and sarcasm is true.

Or didn't you realise Maddox is meant as humour? It is kind of obvious.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

When Mac zealots (not necessary the masse users) get upset when people provide examples of Macs not working (on usually stupid crap), it reminds me of people getting criticized and black-listed from Linux groups in the early 2000's when people would bring up Linux security flaws....

"SHHH! We know it there's there... But we HAVE to win the war, by any means necessary... And you're not helping!".

Of course, PCs and all computers have security flaws, exploited or not. Of course all manufactures ship bum computers. OS's have weird quirks, if not flaws in them..

No one is perfect.. get over yourselves.

• User profile image
    Angus

It is an amusing website, I have nothing against Mac users personally, although I don't see myself using a Apple Mac. If there was no market for Apple Mac computers then there would be no company, I doubt however that it will become as popular as Microsoft for the operating system.

The Mac operating system "should" just work because it only works on a few pieces of hardware, but as with all other operating systems, there are bound to be problems.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Truly, http://maddox.xmission.com/ is a fun place to visit, but don't expect him to update very often.

I think he even has a section where he tells people to shut the faq up about how often he posts Smiley

• User profile image
    Bas

He raises some amusing points, and the title followed by that picture is pretty funny, but I just can't stand maddox.

• User profile image
    Bas

TommyCarlier wrote:
    OSX and Linux? You're even worse than those Mac-only guys. You can imagine the face I'm pulling right now Wink

Is it this one?

• User profile image
    Rossj

Another "OSX Users are all zealots" thread. It never gets boring does it Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

Rossj wrote:
    Another "OSX Users are all zealots" thread. It never gets boring does it

Well not when Darren acts like a sterotype no *snicker*

• User profile image
    Bas

Speaking of Darren, I'm still waiting for an explanation from him about that 'one troll to another' remark.

• User profile image
    Rossj

blowdart wrote:

Rossj wrote:Another "OSX Users are all zealots" thread. It never gets boring does it

Thing is - Darren isn't a zealot, he has been working on Windows for over 15 years, but I think - like me - he gets fed up with slamming Apple as if they were some sort of competition.  All too easy to slam Apple users without paying any attention to the Windows Zealots and apologists on C9.

You yourself have been critical of Microsoft on occassion ..

• User profile image
    Another_​Darren

blowdart wrote:

Rossj wrote:Another "OSX Users are all zealots" thread. It never gets boring does it

Cool I'm a zealot.  Better tell the guys at work not to buy £150k worth of MS dev tools I just recommend.  The is a difference with making factual statments about something you know, to just reading the hype and regurgitating it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.