Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Things that will get your thread locked...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    JKelley

Channel 9 is a place to come and share ideas.  That said, racism is not tolerated here.  If you post such comments your thread will be locked, and you will be banned.  This is the only warning I'm giving out, so don't be surprised. 

Apologies to anyone that was offended by Darbacour's comments earlier.  If he returns and continues that line of commenting he will be gone.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

What about Raymond's 500 threads about global warming? He doesn't even start a discussion, just posts links to random videos and articles.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

ZippyV wrote:
    What about Raymond's 500 threads about global warming? He doesn't even start a discussion, just posts links to random videos and articles.

1) You're exaggerating
    2) discussions ensue irregardless (that's not a word) regardless
    3) freedom of speech means tolerating threads you don't like or care to participate in
    4) CoffeeHouse has binding rules

• User profile image
    Harlequin

ZippyV wrote:

Well, then you have to ban eagle, foxbar, corona_coder, a!, etc etc Big Smile

• User profile image
    Angus

JKelley wrote:
    Darbacour's comments earlier.  If he

Isn't it she? (Darbacour kept going on about being a "stupid blonde" or something of that nature when it first showed up).

I haven't looked much into these threads, but it is nice to see that Channel 9 is running as well as ever. Smiley

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Angus wrote:
    I haven't looked much into these threads, but it is nice to see that Channel 9 is running as well as ever.

It has been running well lately. Luckily people like corona_coder and foxbar aren't bright enough to really stir things up, so they're easy to control Smiley

• User profile image
    JKelley

It's a tough call to make about what gets you in trouble or not.  Darbacour's comments were definitely over the line.  As much as I don't agree with the others, they tend to be less directly insulting entire cultures of people.  Well most of the time.  Eagle was gone for awhile after he crossed the same line and unless he crosses it again he's welcome here.

Like death in comics, banning on Channel 9 is rarely permanent.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

JKelley wrote:

They're just sent to the other dimension!

(consider yourself sad if you get that reference Tongue Out )

• User profile image
    Harlequin

JKelley wrote:

True. Beer/corona_coder will just come back as MolsonMan or something of the like in 6 months anyways Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

In fact, we hate banning Niners. We are family. We don't care if you hate MS or not. All are welcome here. Just be respectful. Pretty simple.

C

• User profile image
    littleguru

Harlequin wrote:

JKelley wrote: Like death in comics, banning on Channel 9 is rarely permanent.

True. Beer/corona_coder will just come back as MolsonMan or something of the like in 6 months anyways

Nah. We'll always return as some type of beer... That's how it was and how it'll always be.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

littleguru wrote:

Harlequin wrote: 

True. Beer/corona_coder will just come back as MolsonMan or something of the like in 6 months anyways

Nah. We'll always return as some type of beer... That's how it was and how it'll always be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molson

Be glad you're a Euroboy....if you were Canadian you would have been extradited for that comment Tongue Out

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Ahahah! Canuk reindeer p...  Wink

Don't forget Moosehead.

Nothing compares to Beck's, for EU brew, imho.

Harlequin wrote:

littleguru wrote: 
    Harlequin wrote: 

Be glad you're a Euroboy....if you were Canadian you would have been extradited for that comment

• User profile image
    blindlizard

I just had my first Newcastle Brown Ale, and I have to say that is one great English beer

JohnAskew wrote:
    Ahahah! Canuk reindeer p... 

Don't forget Moosehead.

Nothing compares to Beck's, for EU brew, imho.

Harlequin wrote: 
    littleguru wrote: 
    Harlequin wrote: 

Be glad you're a Euroboy....if you were Canadian you would have been extradited for that comment

• User profile image
    Rossj

blindlizard wrote:
    I just had my first Newcastle Brown Ale, and I have to say that is one great English beer

I have a long and chequered history with the old bottle of dog (long story) .. my personal favourite used to be Brains SA (the SA stands for Skull Attack), with the odd pint (or three) of Dog Bolter.

I take it Newcastle brown is available in the US?

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

Yes, it is.

• User profile image
    blindlizard

We are in a kind of Golden Age of beer in the US with more imports and "microbrews" in bars and resturants.

Rossj wrote:

blindlizard wrote: I just had my first Newcastle Brown Ale, and I have to say that is one great English beer

I have a long and chequered history with the old bottle of dog (long story) .. my personal favourite used to be Brains SA (the SA stands for Skull Attack), with the odd pint (or three) of Dog Bolter.

I take it Newcastle brown is available in the US?

• User profile image
    fdisk

Speaking of Beer...

Refrigerator Will Toss You Can of Beer

Wired wrote:
    RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- When John Cornwell graduated from Duke University last year, he landed a job as software engineer in Atlanta but soon found himself longing for his college lifestyle. So the engineering graduate built himself a reminder of life on campus: a refrigerator that can toss a can of beer to his couch with the click of a remote control.
    Cool

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.