Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

UK: Petition #10 about Vista prices

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Obviously UK only, but now there is a petition asking the government to look into the price gouging for Vista in the UK. 

You can even see a list of all the people that have signed so far - and yes I signed it, although I don't expect anything to come of it - but if the government did do something about it they would then have to do something about all the other software companies that do this (i.e. most of them).

• User profile image
    blowdart

I have to say it's very sad. The last thing government needs to poke their nose in is retail pricing. Damned lefties! Heh

• User profile image
    nbradshaw

me too see thread here Perplexed

• User profile image
    webmonkey

Rossj wrote:

Obviously UK only, but now there is a petition asking the government to look into the price gouging for Vista in the UK. 

You can even see a list of all the people that have signed so far - and yes I signed it, although I don't expect anything to come of it - but if the government did do something about it they would then have to do something about all the other software companies that do this (i.e. most of them).

I don't think I want to sign it, I wouldn't want the government to do anything about it (and I don't think they would). I think involving the gov in something like this may put off investment from tech (or any other) companies in this country.

Having said that, maybe it will get some media attention around the issue which might not be a bad thing.

• User profile image
    nbradshaw

webmonkey wrote:

Rossj wrote:

I don't think I want to sign it, I wouldn't want the government to do anything about it (and I don't think they would). I think involving the gov in something like this may put off investment from tech (or any other) companies in this country.

Having said that, maybe it will get some media attention around the issue which might not be a bad thing.

I wouldn't hold my breath, although George Osborne did get coverage yesterday for suggesting that Whitehall should be run using OpenSource!!!!Perplexed:s:s:s:s

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

webmonkey wrote:

Rossj wrote:

That's why prices are SO high! Because nobody cares! Mad

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.