Coffeehouse Thread

42 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How is your website? share it here

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    pwzeus

Hey guys,

Posting after long time, infect i m in a need of some suggestions. I am making my personal website and wanted to see what everyone else has developed.

so please share your personal website url here ?

Thanks

• User profile image
    Larsenal

It's pretty typical for people to include links to their blogs and websites with their profile.  Nevertheless... http://www.dlarsen.com/

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Ha! Personal websites are so early 1990's.
    Having your own blog is much more Me 2.0.

Customizing the look of your blog means you have too much free time.
    Rationalizing not customizing the look of your blog is where it's at.

• User profile image
    mcampbell

Yeah blogs are the thing now Wink....

Ultimate Indie

• User profile image
    pftqg

My "home" is at http://patrick.geek.nz/ - I mostly use it to link to all of my stuff (like my blog, Soapbox, and other stuff) as a handy "one stop" type of thing.

• User profile image
    Angus

My joke of a website is:

[Link]

Although there is a redesign planned:

[Link]

That isn't much better either though. Tongue Out

I have only made $6.58 from Google AdSense on it in a few months, but hopefully when I get some better programs up there, and also an update to my "Notes" application, I will make a bit more. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    irascian

My web site has turned into a huge sprawling mess over the last 10 years. These days I make sure I update one of my three different blogs each day and the home page is really just a set of links to the approproate entries on the appropriate blog, with everything else going into an "Archive" section.

Like everyone, I have a master plan to redesign it (have it auto-size to user's browser resolution by implementing CSS properly, add Search facility, have the blog links database driven etc) but there always seems to be something more interesting to do.

http://www.iansmith.co.uk 

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Yggdrasil wrote:
    Customizing the look of your blog means you have too much free time.

What if you also wrote your own blog backend? Smiley

Mine is ookii.org

• User profile image
    Paul Miles

I have a dedicated Windows Vista Weblog

• User profile image
    pwzeus

thanks u all. Well blog is fine but I do belive in presentaiton layer and sometimes blogs lacks it....there is so much information out there but its not structured or presented correctly and sometimes its not fun reading it....we IT guys are infamous for our graphic skills anyway heheh....i happen to have good designing skills so i am deffinatly sticking with personal website....thanks for suggestions though..

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Sven Groot wrote:

Yggdrasil wrote:Customizing the look of your blog means you have too much free time.

What if you also wrote your own blog backend?

Could mean you just needed some outlet to learn ASP.NET 2.0 back in the day.

Quite often I end up working with the new tools first on personal projects.  Only then can I comfortably volunteer to use them on a project for my day job.  Such is the price of being the reatively early adopter on your dev team.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Sven Groot wrote:

Yggdrasil wrote:Customizing the look of your blog means you have too much free time.

Mine is ookii.org

Did that for ages; then got bored, so ended up contributing to subtext instead Tongue Out

• User profile image
    pwzeus

i studied there Big Smile

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Like many of the previous niners, I don't have a personal site - I have a blog Smiley But, my blog is more of a hybrid if you ask me. I don't really "blog" too much. I post video-tutorials, video-blogs, and sometimes a traditional blog.

www.SampsonVideos.com or www.SampsonResume.com

I plan to expand them even further in the future by starting a web-developer radio program. It's a dream, I'll admit, but I'm going for it Smiley Reaching high!

• User profile image
    littleguru

Larsenal wrote:

Sven Groot wrote: 
    Yggdrasil wrote: Customizing the look of your blog means you have too much free time.

Could mean you just needed some outlet to learn ASP.NET 2.0 back in the day.

Quite often I end up working with the new tools first on personal projects.  Only then can I comfortably volunteer to use them on a project for my day job.  Such is the price of being the reatively early adopter on your dev team.

There is people here that just loves the technology and loves to play with it... I have also done my own web site and I'm going to enhance it with my own code in the future... www.littleguru.net

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

sirhomer wrote:

pwzeus wrote: i studied there

small world

great, pwzeus, could you give hime a good punch in the nose if you see him?

PS: his name is Jonathan Ben-Joseph...

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

pwzeus wrote:

Hey guys,

Posting after long time, infect i m in a need of some suggestions. I am making my personal website and wanted to see what everyone else has developed.

so please share your personal website url here ?

Thanks

I don't update my site much (maybe once or twice a year, tops), so instead it's a list of things attributable to my name.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.