Coffeehouse Thread

30 posts

BREAKING: Two exclusives in two days -On10.net

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Zeo

    http://on10.net/Blogs/larry/breaking-two-exclusives-in-two-days/

    Two of the coolest Microsoft annoucements since CES are going to be breaking tonight and tomorrow night, and we have exclusive video for both of them. So if you are online at 9:00PM PST tonight (midnight on the east coast) check in to get a full scoop on what your friends will be talking about tomorrow.

    Big Smile

  • User profile image
    Refrax
  • User profile image
    dahat

    I’ll put my money on one of them being the Xbox 360 Elite.

  • User profile image
    Refrax

    dahat wrote:
    I’ll put my money on one of them being the Xbox 360 Elite.

    i don't like the black color of it but i would like the hard drive and hdmi connection

  • User profile image
    dahat

    I agree... from the sounds of it though the (internals of the) Elite is going to replace the Premium at a later point so these black units will be only a temporary thing.

    I’m more interested in the Elite’s ability to run cooler than the existing unit... the fans in my are have gotten pretty loud... so much so that you cannot hear the DVD drive anymore.

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    Zeo wrote:
    http://on10.net/Blogs/larry/breaking-two-exclusives-in-two-days/

    Two of the coolest Microsoft annoucements since CES are going to be breaking tonight and tomorrow night, and we have exclusive video for both of them. So if you are online at 9:00PM PST tonight (midnight on the east coast) check in to get a full scoop on what your friends will be talking about tomorrow.



    Wow, and Zeo I thought you were actually going to post something non-promotional here...silly me. Funny when you were just an MVP you were posting just about everyday or once a week. Now that you got hired it's like you only post when it'll look good on your Ratings Reviews.

  • User profile image
    Richard.Hein

    On10.net is down ....

  • User profile image
    Richard.Hein

    Richard.Hein wrote:
    On10.net is down ....

    ... now it's back.

  • User profile image
    jamie

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    
    Zeo wrote: http://on10.net/Blogs/larry/breaking-two-exclusives-in-two-days/

    Two of the coolest Microsoft annoucements since CES are going to be breaking tonight and tomorrow night, and we have exclusive video for both of them. So if you are online at 9:00PM PST tonight (midnight on the east coast) check in to get a full scoop on what your friends will be talking about tomorrow.



    Wow, and Zeo I thought you were actually going to post something non-promotional here...silly me. Funny when you were just an MVP you were posting just about everyday or once a week. Now that you got hired it's like you only post when it'll look good on your Ratings Reviews.


    hey! - be nice to zeo... once a 9er - always a 9er!  Smiley

  • User profile image
    Zeo

    jamie wrote:
    
    Cybermagellan wrote: 
    Zeo wrote: http://on10.net/Blogs/larry/breaking-two-exclusives-in-two-days/

    Two of the coolest Microsoft annoucements since CES are going to be breaking tonight and tomorrow night, and we have exclusive video for both of them. So if you are online at 9:00PM PST tonight (midnight on the east coast) check in to get a full scoop on what your friends will be talking about tomorrow.



    Wow, and Zeo I thought you were actually going to post something non-promotional here...silly me. Funny when you were just an MVP you were posting just about everyday or once a week. Now that you got hired it's like you only post when it'll look good on your Ratings Reviews.



    hey! - be nice to zeo... once a 9er - always a 9er! 



    Cybermagellan.....I just can't get a break can I?
     
    In reality I don't get any credit in my review for my participation on Channel 9, now that I'm an employee. What's more ironic is that when I was an MVP, I was encouraged to participate in online communities, but now, all I'm encouraged to do is ship code, ship more code, and ship even more code.

    My manager doesn't care that I spend time on channel 9, heck he'd probably say I should spend my time debugging my code, rather than posting on some web site.

    Better yet, as an employee I actually have to be very careful and "be smart" about what I put online.

    Just look what I posted last week about the "Longhorn concept" video. I got flack from marketing thinking that I had released an internal video on a competitor's site (Google/Youtube), plus I got a call from Waggener Edstrom about some reporter asking if I was confirming features for the next version of Windows. I'm not just to be clear.

    And I'm sure you'll be critical of my posting about getting Microsoft SWAG from the ecompanystore to international located niners. I've already had emails about that from the ecompanystore.

    And recruiting wasn't too happy that I've been helping out 5-6 TAM candidates a week who've contacted me because of my posting on channel9. Personally, I want to reward niner's who are posting on channel9 and who want to come work at Microsoft, recruiting isn't too comfortable about my passion for helping niners-"I'm not an official spokesperson for Microsoft and taking my advice should not be considered as official Microsoft interview material."

    I can't even begin to talk about my responses to scoble's post last week. I felt some pretty big heat.

    So yes Cybermagellan believe your conspiracies....I'll keep posting on channel 9, answering e-mails from niners, and getting myself in potential trouble. Why? Because I was a niner long before I was an MVP, and I was a niner long before I became an employee.
     
    And frankly, your criticism only makes me want to reach out and give you a hug. 

    Lastly, I don't know exactly what's going to be revealed these next 2 days....I've heard rumours(and I'm sure you have too), but nothing is official from what I know. So I'm staying up till midnight tonight to see how the team that releases whatever their releasing releases the news to the world. I can't wait to know! [6]

  • User profile image
    dahat

    And now that the appointed hour has come the news is... dunno... on10 seems to be down.

  • User profile image
    Zeo
  • User profile image
    dahat

    Elite it is which will run you 479.99 or just the standalone hard drive (and transfer cable) for $179.95.



    Extra photos courtesy of Major Nelson.

  • User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

    Big Smile

  • User profile image
    BigDataDev

    Thanks Zeo.

    X360 Elite looks cool.
     
    Hopefully tomorrow night we'll see a Flash Zune announcement.

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    Zeo wrote:
    
    Cybermagellan.....I just can't get a break can I?
     
    In reality I don't get any credit in my review for my participation on Channel 9, now that I'm an employee. What's more ironic is that when I was an MVP, I was encouraged to participate in online communities, but now, all I'm encouraged to do is ship code, ship more code, and ship even more code.


    Um, yeah something tells me this isn't correct. Evangelism and Community Participation are always recognized. No matter what role you play in an organization

    Zeo wrote:
    My manager doesn't care that I spend time on channel 9, heck he'd probably say I should spend my time debugging my code, rather than posting on some web site.

    Better yet, as an employee I actually have to be very careful and "be smart" about what I put online.

    That's not in debate.

    Zeo wrote:
    
    Just look what I posted last week about the "Longhorn concept" video. I got flack from marketing thinking that I had released an internal video on a competitor's site (Google/Youtube), plus I got a call from Waggener Edstrom about some reporter asking if I was confirming features for the next version of Windows. I'm not just to be clear.

    Um, I'm not even talking about that.

    Zeo wrote:
    
    And I'm sure you'll be critical of my posting about getting Microsoft SWAG from the ecompanystore to international located niners. I've already had emails about that from the ecompanystore.

    Where are we going with this?

    Zeo wrote:

    And recruiting wasn't too happy that I've been helping out 5-6 TAM candidates a week who've contacted me because of my posting on channel9. Personally, I want to reward niner's who are posting on channel9 and who want to come work at Microsoft, recruiting isn't too comfortable about my passion for helping niners-"I'm not an official spokesperson for Microsoft and taking my advice should not be considered as official Microsoft interview material."

    and?

    Zeo wrote:

    I can't even begin to talk about my responses to scoble's post last week. I felt some pretty big heat.

    WTF?

    Zeo wrote:

    ....I'll keep posting on channel 9, answering e-mails from niners, and getting myself in potential trouble. Why? Because I was a niner long before I was an MVP, and I was a niner long before I became an employee.
     
    And frankly, your criticism only makes me want to reach out and give you a hug. 

    Don't give me a hug, post man. Does anyone REALLY know what you do? Last I knew you posted saying you got a position with TAM Evangelism I believe (or something like that?). Now you're talking about shipping code. But I seen the post with the Longhorn concept of course I seen that when it was posted on Digg about a gabillion times and here about another 10 more.

    The point isn't what doing, it's what you're not doing. If you're a niner than there is some expectation, some goal, some end result that you're trying to accomplish, how are you getting there? What are you doing to help move that along? Who gives a damn about the ecompany store, or helping TAM canidates, or who you get a call from? What we care about is what's going on in Microsoft now & to come.

    No crap we can find out what's going on on10.net, we don't need you to tell us what's over there we got Adam, Charles, Jeff, etc that actually code the site to pimp it out IF WE WANTED TO BE THERE. We don't need someone that doesn't even show up but once every two weeks that post only company related stuff to post something about it. It's like if you stood outside of Walmart and were a door greeter and said "There is something new and exciting inside, I don't know what it is but it's there..." how much nonsense does that make?

    Zeo wrote:

    Lastly, I don't know exactly what's going to be revealed these next 2 days....I've heard rumours(and I'm sure you have too), but nothing is official from what I know. So I'm staying up till midnight tonight to see how the team that releases whatever their releasing releases the news to the world. I can't wait to know!

    This is like Apple releasing the iPhone, after it's been in discussion for about a year. Do you think anyone expected Steve Jobs to get up to the keynote and not say a damn thing about it?

    Quit trying to sell us MS crack and if you see the video and you like it, see if we're talking about it. Join the conversation, don't post "OMG this is so going to Rock out Loud...I don't know what it is but it's BREAKING" and then disappear into the b0rg like Jon Lovitz when the videos been posted.

    So long and short of it....

    be part of the conversation, not the Pied Piper....we're not that stupid

  • User profile image
    Zeo

    Here's a hug Cyber. 


               _                   __                         __
      ____(  \              .-'    `-.                     /   )______
    (____     \____   /  (O  O)  \         _____/       _____)
    (____                |        )     |                          ____)
    (_______ ______\  .____.  /___________________)
    (______/            `-.____.-'                    \________)

  • User profile image
    AdamKinney

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.