Coffeehouse Thread

50 posts

HumanCompiler.Reproduce();

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Red5

Many congrats to you and your wife.  The first is always the most memorable.

Coincidently, we are expecting our 4th baby right around the same time you are expecting yours.

Your world is about to change in ways you never expected.
    But in a good way!

• User profile image
    AndyC

Congratulations Erik! Big Smile

• User profile image
    Massif

Just thought of this, and I'm sorry already but...

If your child turns out to be a geek does that mean they'll be YAHCC (Yet Another Human Compiler Compiler.)

Or perhaps YAHHCC (Yet Another Human Human Compiler Compiler...)
    Or YaHCHC (you get the idea...)

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Thanks everyone!  Much appreciated!  Smiley

Some common thoughts seem to be around this being life changing and the code not being that great.

First off, yes, I know the code isn't perfect.  I was originally going to put a disclaimer on the code, but figured it would be more fun to let you guys point out things about.  That and show just how geeky you all really are.  Tongue Out  One comment though.  The Parent array was to get around a lack of multiple inheritence in .NET.  OMG, I'm stopping right now.  Wink

As for this being life changing stuff, I definitely know.  What I don't know is how exactly it will be different and how much different.  I'm extremely excited and nervous all at the same time.  Big Smile

Oh and I'd say there's a pretty good chance the new little one will be into computers or music.  Computers, well, because I'll make sure they grow up with them and music because my wife is an opera singer and my mom has perfect pitch (and I guess worth mentioning, I was a band geek before finding computers and programming).

/me excited!  Thanks again everyone!

• User profile image
    Harlequin

"Big Congrats!" Smiley

But I also have 4 boys, so I have to add:

"Enjoy it while it lasts!" Cool

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Congrats!

Or is it conga rats:

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Lazycoder2

I talked to Jason Olson a couple of weeks ago and told him "you have no idea what's coming and no one can tell you what to expect because it's different for every person who is a parent."

And it's true, you have no idea what's coming, what it's going to be like, neither does anyone else.

Hmmmm, winter in western Washington, 20 week ultrasound(?) When was the blackout again? Wink I bet a lot of babies are born in September in WA this year.

• User profile image
    amotif

HumanCompiler wrote:
    Just thought I'd have a little fun with our announcement to you all on Channel 9 with a little quick piece of code...

Seems like a lot of work when the BCL already has Object.Clone(). But that wouldn't be legal in the US, would it...

Congrats! Smiley

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

Congrats on the new life, and life changing experience.

I have 3, not sure we’ll have more.

Cheers !! Big Smile

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Congradulations. Your life will take on meaning that you will not be able to undo.

HumanTraits is a derived class, no?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Way to go, Erik! Compiling a new little exeCUTEable. Now you really are a Human Compiler. I wish you and your wife the best of luck, and a healthy baby.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

congrats

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

Congrats indeed, best wishes to you and your family. Remember to indoctrinate him properly in the way of the empire. Wink

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Thanks again everyone!  Smiley

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Hey congrats HC! Smiley

• User profile image
    Ian

Congratulations .. make the most of your last days on the xbox!

• User profile image
    phreaks

Where's the update?

• User profile image
    blowdart

phreaks wrote:
    Where's the update?

On Twitter Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.