Coffeehouse Thread

62 posts

Want to guest host for Channel 9 at Mix?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Rory

Hey, people.

I'm really happy with how the Scott Hanselman interviews turned out (watch the first one).

I look for ways to include people from the community. I figure you all do a lot for Microsoft simply because you want to, and you deserve screen time.

If you want it, and if you're going to be at Mix, leave a comment here and let me know what you might like to do.

Getting the info this far ahead of time will make it easier to schedule the interviews.

Also, I can't promise that I can get you on as a guest host, but we can certainly try Smiley

• Rory

MrJay wrote:
    I nominate sirhomer. I for one am sure that he will be glad to accept this honorable role within the C9 community.

Actually, if he wants to be a guest host, I'd totally love it.

That said, I seriously doubt he'd be willing to come on.

Beer28 agreed to be on 9 at one point, and it seemed like it was actually going to happen.

At the last minute, he started in with his requirements - a long list of outrageous demands, most of which would have contributed toward creating the most uncomfortable and unnatural 9 video ever.

But if sirhomer wants to be on, and if he doesn't have the same list (of excuses) as Beer28, then he'd be quite welcome.

• eagle

I want to interview Ray Ozzie, he knows me...

• AdamKinney

oh!  me, me, me :o

• Charles

A Niner interviewing Ray. I like it!

Adam, we need to get you on camera more. Smiley

Great idea, Rory!
    C

• Minh

Which of the 9ers has the best dossier? Big Smile

• rjdohnert

Just out of curiosity was his demands.  I need a good laugh after the clusterf*&%ck of a day I just had.

Rory wrote:

MrJay wrote:I nominate sirhomer. I for one am sure that he will be glad to accept this honorable role within the C9 community.

Beer28 agreed to be on 9 at one point, and it seemed like it was actually going to happen.

At the last minute, he started in with his requirements - a long list of outrageous demands, most of which would have contributed toward creating the most uncomfortable and unnatural 9 video ever.

But if sirhomer wants to be on, and if he doesn't have the same list (of excuses) as Beer28, then he'd be quite welcome.

• Rory

rjdohnert wrote:
    Just out of curiosity was his demands.  I need a good laugh after the clusterf*&%ck of a day I just had.

Rory wrote: 
    MrJay wrote: I nominate sirhomer. I for one am sure that he will be glad to accept this honorable role within the C9 community.

Instead of listing his demands, I should just write a certain post about him I've been meaning to write for a while.

If you want something entertaining, then - trust me - I can get you something much better than that list Smiley

It's going to take some time to get the post right, but I have all the materials I need, so... maybe it'll happen.

• Minh

rjdohnert wrote:

I believe he wanted to talk about the DoJ cases.

C9 may not have a PR filter, but they definitely have a legal filter.

It wouldn't just be uncomfortable, it'd be impossible.

• rasyadi

Rory wrote:
    Hey, people.

I'm really happy with how the Scott Hanselman interviews turned out (watch the first one).

I look for ways to include people from the community. I figure you all do a lot for Microsoft simply because you want to, and you deserve screen time.

If you want it, and if you're going to be at Mix, leave a comment here and let me know what you might like to do.

Getting the info this far ahead of time will make it easier to schedule the interviews.

Also, I can't promise that I can get you on as a guest host, but we can certainly try

what? Scott Hanselman? How long this guy sleep? He must have so much free time. Rory, can it be done remotely? I mean, someone co-hosted somewhere in the other side of the world. I hope it is not Scott again this time. Tongue Out

• Glucose

Actually that remote idea is a good one. Why not carry a laptop around with a full-screen video of the hosts face? Maybe roll them around as a robot...

• blowdart

rjdohnert wrote:

I seem to remember him wanting to discuss the anti-trust lawsuits for one.

Hey Rory; get Jeff to give you enough budget to come to DDD5 at MS UK Smiley

• Sabot

blowdart wrote:

rjdohnert wrote: Just out of curiosity was his demands.  I need a good laugh after the clusterf*&%ck of a day I just had.

I seem to remember him wanting to discuss the anti-trust lawsuits for one.

Hey Rory; get Jeff to give you enough budget to come to DDD5 at MS UK

Now thats a brilliant idea!

Infact Barry we could just do it ourselves and then send it over to C9, you guys can stick it through your legal channels then put it up!

• blowdart

Sabot wrote:

Infact Barry we could just do it ourselves and then send it over to C9, you guys can stick it through your legal channels then put it up!

OK see; I was trying to get Rory over because it would be fun; not spend a day with you and a video camera Tongue Out

• Rossj

Rory wrote:

I should just write a certain post about him I've been meaning to write for a while.

Dude, please don't take this the wrong way - but don't.  He's had enough attention, he's been discussed at length on hundreds of occassions, and I don't think it is constructive.  Funny maybe, but constructive - no.

Let's not let a single, admittedly profilic, troll define C9.

• blowdart

Sabot wrote:

OK see; I was trying to get Rory over because it would be fun; not spend a day with you and a video camera Tongue Out

• Sven Groot

Pay my trip to Mix and I'm your man. Tongue Out

• Rory

Rossj wrote:

Rory wrote: 
    I should just write a certain post about him I've been meaning to write for a while.

Dude, please don't take this the wrong way - but don't.  He's had enough attention, he's been discussed at length on hundreds of occassions, and I don't think it is constructive.  Funny maybe, but constructive - no.

Let's not let a single, admittedly profilic, troll define C9.

In my life, funny trumps constructive.

Sure, the guy's had a lot of attention, but not like this.

I have quite the story to tell. I've been sitting on it because I have very little time to write nowadays, but I want to tell it.

So I will.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.