Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Deepfish

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Tensor

People may remember I have expressed dissatisfaction with Pocket IE before - especially the way it works (or rather, doesnt) with C9.

With that in mind - whos neck do I have to kiss to get on the Deepfish beta?

• User profile image
    eagle

If you sign-up for the CTP today I'm sure you'll get in.

• User profile image
    Red5

I signed up last night and had an email within 1/2 hour.
    I'm playing with it now.

• User profile image
    Tensor

I signed up shortly before posting this to be told it was full Sad

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Tensor wrote:
    People may remember I have expressed dissatisfaction with Pocket IE before - especially the way it works (or rather, doesnt) with C9.

Looks like a contrived attempt by Microsoft to patch Trident 4 or 5 to resemble Opera's Small-Screen-Rendering.

Tensor: Try the Opera demo, even. It doesn't suck (honestly), it supports tabbed-browsing too.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Tensor wrote:

Of course, everything has a catch...  and this one's is that it doesn't yet support Javascript.  Meaning that you won't even be able to view posts properly on C9 (unless you stick to the first page), much less actually post.

• User profile image
    blowdart

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:

Tensor wrote:People may remember I have expressed dissatisfaction with Pocket IE before - especially the way it works (or rather, doesnt) with C9.

Of course, everything has a catch...  and this one's is that it doesn't yet support Javascript.  Meaning that you won't even be able to view posts properly on C9 (unless you stick to the first page), much less actually post.

How is it with <object> tags? I know one special <object> tag that works on WM6 right now.

• User profile image
    Tensor

W3bbo wrote:

Tensor wrote: People may remember I have expressed dissatisfaction with Pocket IE before - especially the way it works (or rather, doesnt) with C9.

Looks like a contrived attempt by Microsoft to patch Trident 4 or 5 to resemble Opera's Small-Screen-Rendering.

Tensor: Try the Opera demo, even. It doesn't suck (honestly), it supports tabbed-browsing too.

I tried the opera demo last year and while the browsing experience was better than PIE, it was buggy as hell. back to trying minimo I guess.

• User profile image
    Rossj

opera is working pretty well for me here.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Rossj wrote:
    opera is working pretty well for me here.

You have a pocket PC device?

That... that,... thats not an iPhone!

• User profile image
    Rossj

Tensor wrote:

Rossj wrote:opera is working pretty well for me here.

You have a pocket PC device?

That... that,... thats not an iPhone!

Ssssh - not so loud.

I got one to replace the Smartphone that I dumped (for a Symbian one) ... the two between them might keep me going until November.

But it is okay, my Apple TV arrived today Smiley

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

blowdart wrote:

CannotResolveSymbol wrote: 
    Tensor wrote: People may remember I have expressed dissatisfaction with Pocket IE before - especially the way it works (or rather, doesnt) with C9.

How is it with <object> tags? I know one special <object> tag that works on WM6 right now.

I dunno...  I just see in this blog entry that it doesn't support javascript or cookies yet (missed the part about cookies, that makes it almost completely useless at this point).

• User profile image
    HBEaker

http://labs.live.com/Take+Deepfish+For+A+Swim.aspx

I'm sure you all had this already, but just in case, it's the link for signing up for the Deepfish technology preview.

• User profile image
    chemstudent

I too was interested in testing out this web browser for my PocketPC, since the PocketIE version on the device is rather outdated, and too me, cumbersome in nature and design. 

But, I guess the announcement got posted around the internet and now the beta has closed off completely.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.