Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Athenians? or Spartan?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Massif

What's this news about Codename : Athens (to make it sound like a WW2 shooter.) It sounds like it's a comnunity forum with a stack of features similar to the promised C9 vNext.

Is it related? Or duplicated work? Or is it sufficiently different for it not to be related.

Just looking at the features gives me a strong sense of Deva-vu though.

Anyone prepared to comment on it?

[actually looking again at the features I can see the scope is fairly different, but the certain things are similar - shared authentication, everything being based on tags... Co-incidence?]

• User profile image
    Tensor

Massif wrote:
    What's this news about Codename : Athens (to make it sound like a WW2 shooter.) It sounds like it's a comnunity forum with a stack of features similar to the promised C9 vNext.

Is it related? Or duplicated work? Or is it sufficiently different for it not to be related.

Just looking at the features gives me a strong sense of Deva-vu though.

Anyone prepared to comment on it?

[actually looking again at the features I can see the scope is fairly different, but the certain things are similar - shared authentication, everything being based on tags... Co-incidence?]

TONIGHT WE WHINE ABOUT DELL!

• User profile image
    Lazycoder2
  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

deja vu
    not
    deva vu

je pense que tout le monde sait comment dire ca

• User profile image
    Rossj

DoomBringer wrote:
    je pense que tout le monde sait comment dire ca

presque tout la monde.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Sorry for nitpicking, but it's déjà vu.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Deva vu   

is a relatively new expression which pertains to software developers; not to be mistaken with the French déjà vu.

Meaning: the sudden feeling of familiarity a software developer has when recognizing a new software project or software project name.

Cool

• User profile image
    Massif

Mais oui c'est deja-vue. Mais quand j'avais pas beaucoup de temps, erreurs sont souvent faites.

(plus: je n'avais pas un clavier français, and je ne sais pas comment dactylographier des accents.)

(Merci de Google pour les mots qui sont semblable de les mots que je voudrai.)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.