Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Media Player: All It Needs...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Ambition

    Media Player's 'all glass' mode

    Just discovered that Media Player can collapse to this 'all glass' mode... All it needs now is a 'dock to top of screen' option, I'd like that very much (hint, hint Microsoft) Wink

  • Royal​Schrubber

    Ambition wrote:
    All it needs now is a 'dock to top of screen' option...


    That's not all it needs. I would like WMP to have alarm clock playing capability with play lists...

    Anyone else uses computer for alarm clock?  Smiley
    Does anybody know a good program that would have play list option, not just single mp3s?

    Every song that I set as alarm, I start hating after few repeats. I mean somehow my brain just can't take it. I hate sounds that wake me up Tongue Out.
    I also stopped setting favourite songs as alarm, I don't want them hate... Anyway if I could set playlists maybe it would fix the problem. (or I would just start hating whole bands..)

  • Jhaks

    RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    
    Ambition wrote: All it needs now is a 'dock to top of screen' option...


    That's not all it needs. I would like WMP to have alarm clock playing capability with play lists...

    Anyone else uses computer for alarm clock? 
    Does anybody know a good program that would have play list option, not just single mp3s?

    Every song that I set as alarm, I start hating after few repeats. I mean somehow my brain just can't take it. I hate sounds that wake me up .
    I also stopped setting favourite songs as alarm, I don't want them hate... Anyway if I could set playlists maybe it would fix the problem. (or I would just start hating whole bands..)


    You can have a playlist as an alarm clock using the task scheduler.

    Just go to the scheduler through the start menu and create a simple task. Have it open an application but when you browse for the app, instead select the playlist you want. To make it random set WMP to shuffle.

  • Bas

    All Media Player needs is a library that can actually write metadata back to files like the dialog says it does.

  • Royal​Schrubber

    Jhaks wrote:
    
    RoyalSchrubber wrote: 
    Ambition wrote: All it needs now is a 'dock to top of screen' option...


    That's not all it needs. I would like WMP to have alarm clock playing capability with play lists...

    Anyone else uses computer for alarm clock? 
    Does anybody know a good program that would have play list option, not just single mp3s?

    Every song that I set as alarm, I start hating after few repeats. I mean somehow my brain just can't take it. I hate sounds that wake me up .
    I also stopped setting favourite songs as alarm, I don't want them hate... Anyway if I could set playlists maybe it would fix the problem. (or I would just start hating whole bands..)


    You can have a playlist as an alarm clock using the task scheduler.

    Just go to the scheduler through the start menu and create a simple task. Have it open an application but when you browse for the app, instead select the playlist you want. To make it random set WMP to shuffle.


    Yay, it works. Thank you so much Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.