Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

What is going on with the remix mix 07 contest?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    lhm

Does anyone know why you can't currently upload an entry to the remix mix 07 contest via the visitmix site?

I've just gone to upload my entry to the remix mix 07 contest and the submit screen is no longer accepting entries.

BUT, if you read the legal terms it states very clearly that the contest is open until 11.59pm (PT) on April 10 2007.  That's still over 12 hours from now.
    What's going on?

If anyone knows what is going on or how this can be resolved I'd be very grateful as I've just spent my time designing this entry and now I can't do anything with it.

Thanks

• User profile image
    Rossj

Microsoft + Contests != Good.

Legal wrote:

ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. (PT) on March 9th 2007, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on April 10, 2007. (Entry Period).

Maybe they meant April the 9th? Or maybe someone had too much chocolate over easter and the sugar made them over eager?

• User profile image
    lhm

Maybe they did mean April 9th, but if they say April 10th then the contest should be open until April 10th.

I can't believe I'm the only designer who's going to be affected by this.

There doesn't even seem to be anyone I can contact to find out what's going on.

Any ideas anybody?

• User profile image
    Rossj

Are you in the US? (425) 882-8080 Try Jeff Sandquist Smiley

• User profile image
    lhm

No, I'm in the U.K.

I think that might be a bit expensive!

No email I guess...?

• User profile image
    Bas

Remember when you could call to US numbers for free using MSN messenger? Is that still possible?

I remember calling a university's voice recognition computer, which you could ask for weather and traffic data. That was pretty cool.

• User profile image
    Larsenal

You are not the only one affected by this.  I was working on my design late last night, and you can guess how happy I was to see that message this morning.

Hopefully they will remedy the situation.  If not, it'd be just my luck. I actually won another contest here on C9 and never got the promised prize.  They just stopped answering my emails.

It's really painful to encounter this kind of thing when the very event is something only for most loyal enthusiasts.  Ironically, although the contest was likely designed to generate buzz and interest I would have been much happier if I had never attempted to participate.

(Of course, I would be happy and suprised if they opened up submissions until tonight at midnight PST.)

• User profile image
    lhm

Larsenal - sorry to hear you've had trouble before.  It amazes me that someone can't figure out the correct date.  I would also bet that a lot of quality designs will be missed because people are refining details up until the last minute.

emet - yep, that's about right.

• User profile image
    lhm

Mysterious!

Seemingly you can again, for now, submit an entry.

Get in quick!

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Somewhere in Microsoft land, someone is saying "Oops!  I hope nobody noticed that."

• User profile image
    lhm

Larsenal wrote:
    Somewhere in Microsoft land, someone is saying "Oops!  I hope nobody noticed that."

Big Smile

• User profile image
    billh

Larsenal wrote:
    Hopefully they will remedy the situation.  If not, it'd be just my luck. I actually won another contest here on C9 and never got the promised prize.  They just stopped answering my emails.

It's really painful to encounter this kind of thing when the very event is something only for most loyal enthusiasts.  Ironically, although the contest was likely designed to generate buzz and interest I would have been much happier if I had never attempted to participate.
    Wow...which contest? Was it one held by the moderators here or someone else?

Microsoft doesn't seem to be having a very good track record lately with contests (even though it sounds like they fixed the date issue on this Mix contest).

Remember this thread? I wonder if the community here made a difference in that case...

• User profile image
    Larsenal

billh wrote:
    Wow...which contest? Was it one held by the moderators here or someone else?

Admittedly, it was a low-profile contest initiated by a C9 mod in one of the threads.  Nevertheless, it was a bummer to have the contest essentially abandoned without notice after many hours of work.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

AdamKinney wrote:
    Oops!  I hope nobody noticed that.

Sorry about the confusion.  We did get our dates crossed on when the contest ended.  Lookign forward to seeing your submissions...

• User profile image
    Larsenal

AdamKinney wrote:

AdamKinney wrote: Oops!  I hope nobody noticed that.

Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for letting us back in!  Wink

Edit: BTW, who are the judges?  Somehow I missed that memo.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Ask and you shall recieve.  Here's the list of judges: http://www.visitmix.com/Blogs/News/remix-contest-ends-tonight-meet-the-judges/

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Design submitted with 27 minutes to spare!

Edit:  And now it's up.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.