Coffeehouse Thread

56 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I LOVE INTERNET EXPLORER!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    object88

Blkbam wrote:
    object88 wrote: Tabbed browsing saves me untold amounts of screen clutter.

So does a second monitor.

You try to convince my boss that I need a second monitor, not to mention a second graphics card or a whole new one to support multiple monitors.

You try to convince my wife (or even me!) that it's better to spend $500+ on a second decent LCD-- there's no way or room to go back to a CRT-- when instead it could be spent on a vacation or other fun project.

Second monitor?  Not gonna happen.  Firefox / tabbed browsing?  Been happening for a long time now.  Smiley

• User profile image
    Maurits

Sven Groot wrote:
    Maurits wrote:1) User Agent Sniffing
    There's a plugin for Firefox - User Agent Switcher - that allows you to (temporarily) change the User-Agent header to whatever you like.

God, I hate those kinds of plugins. I sometimes do User Agent sniffing, but not to limit access to certain browsers, but to exclude browsers that I know don't work.

And I hate those kinds of sites. Wink  The problem is that when the browser fixes the bug, your site still excludes the browser.  That's not fair.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.