Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Microsoft Tagspace

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

http://beta.communities.microsoft.com/tagspace/default.aspx

Interestly you can't tag channel9. And getting it to work in Firefox is *painful*

• User profile image
    Rossj

Ugh. It isn't giving me the intersection when I click on more than one tag ... *that'd* be useful, especially if the tag cloud was filtered to only show tags that are also a member of the set of pages tagged.

How do I find only pages tagged with Internet Explorer and Community? How do I know that Internet Explorer is a valid tag once I have selected Community?

• User profile image
    blowdart

Rossj wrote:
    Ugh. It isn't giving me the intersection when I click on more than one tag ... *that'd* be useful, especially if the tag cloud was filtered to only show tags that are also a member of the set of pages tagged.

How do I find only pages tagged with Internet Explorer and Community? How do I know that Internet Explorer is a valid tag once I have selected Community?

It's all a bit crap isn't it? Lack of firefox in this day and age is laughable. Heck bookmarklets create problems with popup blockers.

• User profile image
    Rossj

blowdart wrote:
    It's all a bit crap isn't it?

Totally. Why bother at all.  If you are going to implement tags and provide someone with a toolkit for doing so, make it useful, and make it work everywhere.

There was a blog entry somewhere or other, I forget where (InsideMicrosoft?) saying how they were going to tell the public about all of the stuff that they could have released but didn't make it.  I can't watch, it is going to be a train-wreck Sad

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Rossj wrote:

blowdart wrote: It's all a bit crap isn't it?

Totally. Why bother at all.  If you are going to implement tags and provide someone with a toolkit for doing so, make it useful, and make it work everywhere.

You know that there use to be a time when BETA actually meant something......

• User profile image
    Harlequin

All I get is:
    "We're sorry, but an unknown error has occured."

Of course there's a chance I'll get the same error when I try and post this Smiley

• User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum

Harlequin wrote:
    All I get is:
    "We're sorry, but an unknown error has occured."

Of course there's a chance I'll get the same error when I try and post this

Happened to me too. Just Sign In (Top right corner) to see what it's all about.

• User profile image
    jamie

i have no idea what this is...

what are you supposed to do with it?

• User profile image
    tshak

Rossj wrote:

Thanks for the feedback Rossj!

You can get an intersection of tags by clicking on the plus ("+") icon to the right of the tag. We are still looking for ways to make this functionality more intuitive. Your ideas are welcome.

• User profile image
    tshak

blowdart wrote:

Lack of firefox in this day and age is laughable.

What version of Firefox are you using and what problems are you specifically having? I am able to use all of the major features in Firefox 2.0.0.3 with no problems other than some minor UI glitches (e.g. pixels beign misaligned).

blowdart wrote:
    Heck bookmarklets create problems with popup blockers.

The bookmarklet does not require the use of popup windows. Simply review the "Instructions for Non-Pop-up Option" on the Bookmarklet Install page.

• User profile image
    blowdart

tshak wrote:

blowdart wrote:

What version of Firefox are you using and what problems are you specifically having? I am able to use all of the major features in Firefox 2.0.0.3 with no problems other than some minor UI glitches (e.g. pixels beign misaligned).

blowdart wrote:Heck bookmarklets create problems with popup blockers.

The bookmarklet does not require the use of popup windows. Simply review the "Instructions for Non-Pop-up Option" on the Bookmarklet Install page.

Installing it as a bookmarklet in firefox would be a good start; for example your instructions are IE specific. which is painful for "dumb" users. Also it would be rather nice to have it pop up in the sidebar in Firefox. Or simply expose an API and let someone else do the work.

As for popup, yes, I realise; and that's the only option that will work well with firefox, as it detects the popup site as the site you are trying to tag, and so the info bar will appear everytime (as you're unlikely to enable popups web wide)

• User profile image
    taylorp

blowdart wrote:

Interestly you can't tag channel9...

Thanks for pointing out the bug that Channel9 was not tagable.  We have added *.msdn.com to the domain allow list  Smiley.  This version is limited to an allow list.  This is very limited, and our next release will be more open with a deny list to prevent add spamming.

• User profile image
    Rowan

tshak wrote:

blowdart wrote:

The site was displaying an unspecified error for Firefox, logging in solved the issue. Now the issue seems to be gone when logged out as well.

• User profile image
    tshak

Rowan wrote:

The site was displaying an unspecified error for Firefox, logging in solved the issue. Now the issue seems to be gone when logged out as well.

Thanks Rowan,

I believe that this is a browser independent issue as it appears to be a server side problem. We're looking into it!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.