Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Ugly people

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Yesterday, I received a very poetic comment on my blog. I do moderate comments, but I decided to publish this piece of art anyway:

Hey man, why are you always putting your face all over your posts and such? Do you think you're some kind of handsome guy, or something?
    In the picture on the front of your blog, you look like you have a Hitler mustache. Ugly, man.

First of all, I do not have a Hitler mustache. That's a shadow, man, a SHADOW!

Second, do ugly people not have the right to put their ugly faces on their blog? I know I'm not handsome, but there's no point in hiding. I'm trying to be honest, even when I'm online. It's very easy to stay anonymous (like the poet that wrote the comment), but I'm not like that. Everytime I have to give a username on some site, I use my real name. When I write a comment on some other blog, I use my real name.

If this is the only kind of negative comment I get, I'm happy. Nobody's complaining about the content.

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

Haha, funny comment. I guess author has some personal issues.. Ask him if he had plastic operation Smiley

• User profile image
    Angus

You also seem to have a Beer28 comment. Tongue Out

I am looking forward to your second post.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    blowdart

Maybe the commenter was really Rory, who's a bit worried that you may be contending for prettiest C9 poster *snicker*

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Blowdart, you may be right. I'm pretty sure the anonymous commenter is a niner and not one of my (few) regular visitors. Normally, during the weekend I get very few visitors. But yesterday, I got 103 visitors which is a lot for me. The only conclusion I can make is that my "parser writing + blogging" initiative is attracting a lot of people, and the only place those people could have come from is C9. Angus, I also found it weird that the first comment I got (only minutes after I posted here) was from Beer. I know we've had our differences in the past, but I like the comment he made.

• User profile image
    eagle

It's your blog and you can do anything you like with it.

You could have suggested in the comments to anyone who is put-off by your face they can subscribe to your feed.

• User profile image
    BenZillaThe​Second

Anyone who comments about a persons looks needs to post a picture of themselves Smiley

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

TommyCarlier wrote:

LOL, it does look like a Hitler mustache, now that someone ponted it out!

TommyCarlier wrote:

Second, do ugly people not have the right to put their ugly faces on their blog?

Note the subtle use of a bucket in my picture ....
    Us uglies have the right to put our ugly faces on their blogs, but some of us have the sense not to. Big Smile

Herbie

• User profile image
    anand.t

BenZillaTheSecond wrote:
    Anyone who comments about a persons looks needs to post a picture of themselves

he did not even have the guts to reveal his name Expressionless

I would say ignore those useless replies and continue with your parser stuff. Its interesting Smiley

• User profile image
    dahat

Dr Herbie wrote:
    Us uglies have the right to put our ugly faces on their blogs, but some of us have the sense not to.

Right? Hell no, we have a duty to plaster the image of our mugs where ever possible... all in the hopes that one day... they quit reminding of us what we already know.

Take this recent first (really ugly) attempt to stick my mug into Rainbow 6 Vegas

• User profile image
    phreaks

<---------
    This inspired me to break out my 10th grade school picture; in all it's ugliness Wink

TommyCarlier wrote:
    Yesterday, I received a very poetic comment on my blog. I do moderate comments, but I decided to publish this piece of art anyway:
    Hey man, why are you always putting your face all over your posts and such? Do you think you're some kind of handsome guy, or something?
    In the picture on the front of your blog, you look like you have a Hitler mustache. Ugly, man.

Second, do ugly people not have the right to put their ugly faces on their blog? I know I'm not handsome, but there's no point in hiding. I'm trying to be honest, even when I'm online. It's very easy to stay anonymous (like the poet that wrote the comment), but I'm not like that. Everytime I have to give a username on some site, I use my real name. When I write a comment on some other blog, I use my real name.

If this is the only kind of negative comment I get, I'm happy. Nobody's complaining about the content.

Ugly is the new sexy anyway, haven't they heard?

• User profile image
    raymond

Ugly people are everywhere.

You cannot stop them.

Resistence is futile.

They are a virus.

Co-exist.

Cool

PS
    I have been editing the Hitler sequence in my Democide video. 

You definitely do not have a Hitler nor for that matter a Himmler or Röhm mustache.  

• User profile image
    JohnnyDepp

nah, you'll be fine

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.