Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

PikSpot.com Launches: 9 Guy Choir sings  ;)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

We launched PikSpot today so I thought Id upload something fun to mark the occasion. (PLAY LOUD)

Smiley

Blatant Promo Dept: * Pikspot is sort of a youtube/digg/ning group site - but with a desktop styled homepage. Free.  The tuner has commenting/voting/timemarkers etc. all of which will work from any site when embedded. (ie; on your own site)  There is still a lot to be done - and we are working on fixing little stuff. (*hopefully c9 will allow our embed code in the forums..charles...Wink

I made a channel9 group - so anyone who wishes can post stuff there (video/audio/photos) or anyone who wants to make their own group there are more Splash images here for your templates.
    There's also UndoTV (with chris Pirillo/Leo Laporte)

Should be fun to see if the new servers hold up...

j

• User profile image
    anand.t

*) Interface is nice
    *) Buffering a lot.

And if I am gonna ask for one reason why I should be using PikSpot instead of say youtube or soapbox what would that be?? (Actually I am too lazy to play around with the new site. You migh wanna just give some heads up on the superiour features)

PS: Some interface ideas(the top bar) and names (coffehouse) seem to be inspired from channel9 Cool      

• User profile image
    anand.t

Btw the song is nice.

YOu should also have one click blog posting to popular sites like live spaces, 360 and wordpress etc. Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

anand.t wrote:

Btw the song is nice.

YOu should also have one click blog posting to popular sites like live spaces, 360 and wordpress etc.

personal blog we are adding to profile pages - coming soon 
    *edit - yes publishing to other sites / buttons too

• User profile image
    BryanF

emet wrote:
    Something about a Microsoft themed site with .php extension disturbs me.
    That strange sensation is probably the realization that you don't have to be an ideological twit to enjoy technology. Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

check out the scroll bars! ie only Wink

• User profile image
    dahat

250 9 Guys? That's almost... disturbing.

Planning some jet packs and CPU controls for your 9Guy/robot army?

• User profile image
    jamie

dahat wrote:

250 9 Guys? That's almost... disturbing.

Planning some jet packs and CPU controls for your 9Guy/robot army?

haha it took half an hour just to unwrap them all

• User profile image
    anand.t

I highly doubt MSFT will allow your site to be embedded. We dont even have an option to embed soapbox now.

• User profile image
    anand.t

emet wrote:
    Something about a Microsoft themed site with .php extension disturbs me.

Some microsoft hater in a microsoft forum disturbs me even more Cool

• User profile image
    swiatecki

How do you get 250! ?

I cant get 1 Sad

• User profile image
    Rowan

The site's very slow and it locks up the browser for a few seconds every time it loads a page.

• User profile image
    jamie

Rowan wrote:
    The site's very slow and it locks up the browser for a few seconds every time it loads a page.

hmm which browser?  ive been checking it all day and its basically the same speed its always been

• User profile image
    anand.t

Rowan wrote:

seems fine to me on IE7

• User profile image
    jamie

anand.t wrote:

Rowan wrote: The site's very slow and it locks up the browser for a few seconds every time it loads a page.

seems fine to me on IE7

cool.  Our cage is in toronto as am i, so it may be slower than here elsewhere in the world.  not sure.

In other news: Chris Pirillo wrote:

"Okay, it’s been a while since I’ve bothered to mention it - but PikSpot has finally released into public beta their community content platform. It’s certainly evolved since I first looked at it a few months ago. Before you fade out and assume this is just another network, let me give you a few of the more unique features these guys have offered the ol’ TechTV community-at-large:
    • Vetted talent can have pre-defined RSS feeds consumed and included in the player automatically.
    • You can place comments in an embedded piece of media - so long as you’re logged in.
    • If you’re not logged in, you can do so from within the embedded media.
    • If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for one from within the embedded media.
    • Comments automatically show up wherever that media is visible - on the site, or through any embed!
    • You can jump to any point in an audio / video file with little-to-no wait time (instant scrubbing).
    • When jumping to a point in the timeline, you can set a Marker description (not unique to the Pikspot platform, but awesome nonetheless).
    • Tags can be added by the community to any piece of media from within the embed. "

or - in a nutshell: http://www.channel9.ca/any_site.htm

So there is the embed - you can log in from anywhere without leaving embed site - unlike most others which pull you back to the originating site

PS - ANY 9ers who feel like "digging" this... please click here and digg it

*would be much appreciated...  Smiley

Also - thanks Jeff for linking

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.