Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Long weekend

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I've got a long weekend ahead (no work till Wednesday) with nothing planned. Anyone got an idea of interesting things to do? Trips to take?

• User profile image
    anand.t

write a compiler tutorial Cool

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

One tutorial at a time. And with "interesting things to do", I mean offline things. I don't want to spend 4 days in front of my PC.

• User profile image
    thumbtacks2

TommyCarlier wrote:
    One tutorial at a time. And with "interesting things to do", I mean offline things. I don't want to spend 4 days in front of my PC.
    Aw, come on. I finished my model loader last night (it only renders wireframes right now, however). All I need to add is code to load up the normal and texture arrays, add some code for multi-texturing support and BAM, it's done. 

• User profile image
    Bas

Visit the Ghent Altarpiece and learn about the stolen panel, the Just Judges.

• User profile image
    dahat

As a guy who has more or less been out of work since mid-February (due to health reasons)... my vote goes with making good friends with the TV again.

Any chance you’ve got a MCE or DVR packed full of content just waiting to be viewed?

Otherwise,  Xbox Live + Rainbow 6: Vegas = endless hours of fun and prepubescent kids screaming in your ear because you killed them.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

dahat wrote:

As a guy who has more or less been out of work since mid-February (due to health reasons)... my vote goes with making good friends with the TV again.

Any chance you’ve got a MCE or DVR packed full of content just waiting to be viewed?

Otherwise,  Xbox Live + Rainbow 6: Vegas = endless hours of fun and prepubescent kids screaming in your ear because you killed them.

Dear God, no.  Get out of the house and into the fresh air! It's spring!

Herbie

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

[troll]I know!  You could install Ubuntu![/troll]

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Dr Herbie has the right picture. I'm looking for outside activities. Maybe even a city trip. No geeky stuff.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

TommyCarlier wrote:

a top 10 list:

Fishing
    Golf
    Museum & Gallery
    Theater
    Learn to make Gumbo
    Learn to eat Gumbo
    Wash the windows
    Test drive Porsche on the auto-bahn
    Film a documentary on Belgian Waffles, or French Fries
    Skydive

Cool

• User profile image
    mig

Yeah, getting out of the house is good, it's raining here in NYC (I identify with the rain most of the time so it's a good day out for me), but I have no idea what you could do or what is available in your area of who you can do things with?

I know rock climbing is fun if you have people to do it with (there are places where they teach you on a wall and you are at no real risk).

Anyway, that's just one of the many fun things you can do outside.

But whatever you do, give us another installment of that parser tutorial before you do Wink

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

TommyCarlier wrote:
    Dr Herbie has the right picture. I'm looking for outside activities. Maybe even a city trip. No geeky stuff.

I'm a fan of going to things like the MOMA or other museums.  Culture is a good thing.

• User profile image
    ZippyV
  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

TommyCarlier wrote:

Do you have any good zoos near where you live?  They're generally good places to go on a nice day...  but I don't know what the zoo situation is in Belgium Wink.

• User profile image
    JohnnyDepp

JohnAskew wrote:

TommyCarlier wrote:One tutorial at a time. And with "interesting things to do", I mean offline things. I don't want to spend 4 days in front of my PC.

a top 10 list:

Fishing
    Golf
    Museum & Gallery
    Theater
    Learn to make Gumbo
    Learn to eat Gumbo
    Wash the windows
    Test drive Porsche on the auto-bahn
    Film a documentary on Belgian Waffles, or French Fries
    Skydive

Fishing - definitely... I find it calms me, that is until something bites Wink
    Golf - classic
    Museum & Gallery - err, no thanks
    Theater - maybe
    Learn to make Gumbo - sounds interesting. What is it?
    Learn to eat Gumbo - so its something you eat, huh.
    Wash the windows - that's what the maid is for Tongue Out
    Test drive Porsche on the auto-bahn - There's nothing like driving 200km/h only to be overtaken by a porsche like you were standing still. I've tried it, several times
    Film a documentary on Belgian Waffles, or French Fries - haha you'd be really bored to want to do that
    Skydive - always wanted to. Should be closer to the top of this list imo

• User profile image
    Bas

JohnnyDepp wrote:

Learn to eat Gumbo - so its something you eat, huh.

Not necessarily, if you have to learn it first.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Head to the beach!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.