Coffeehouse Thread

31 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

C9 V4 Silverlight!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Zeo

    I hope C9 V4 get's the sweetness of Silverlight! I saw the MLB demo this morning and I was thinking "wow channel9 would look awesome like that, with real time tracking of employees on the microsoft campus as they go from meeting 1 to meeting 2 to meeting 3 to home base".

  • User profile image
    anand.t

    Zeo wrote:
    I hope C9 V4 get's the sweetness of Silverlight! I saw the MLB demo this morning and I was thinking "wow channel9 would look awesome like that, with real time tracking of employees on the microsoft campus as they go from meeting 1 to meeting 2 to meeting 3 to home base".


    Is that not a forgone conclusion?? Cool

  • User profile image
    Chadk

    emet wrote:
    Don't you think it would be better if Channel 9 was multiplatform? Oh wait, anything not made by Microsoft is evil and scary.

    Troll. Go away.

    The point of silverlight is that it IS multiplatform.

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    emet wrote:
    Don't you think it would be better if Channel 9 was multiplatform? Oh wait, anything not made by Microsoft is evil and scary.


    So a Microsoft website should not showcase Microsoft technologies?

    Plus, Silverlight is cross-platform--  Windows and Mac.  So what if they don't supply a version for a tiny fraction of the public?

  • User profile image
    Chadk

    emet wrote:
    
    CannotResolveSymbol wrote: 
    emet wrote: Don't you think it would be better if Channel 9 was multiplatform? Oh wait, anything not made by Microsoft is evil and scary.


    So a Microsoft website should not showcase Microsoft technologies?

    Plus, Silverlight is cross-platform--  Windows and Mac.  So what if they don't supply a version for a tiny fraction of the public?


    Because that "tiny fraction" of the public is the one Microsoft is doing a quite horrible job of "reaching out to".

    What can microsoft do about ignorant people? Not alot. IF they try, they will get laughed at.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    emet wrote:
    
    CannotResolveSymbol wrote: 
    emet wrote: Don't you think it would be better if Channel 9 was multiplatform? Oh wait, anything not made by Microsoft is evil and scary.


    So a Microsoft website should not showcase Microsoft technologies?

    Plus, Silverlight is cross-platform--  Windows and Mac.  So what if they don't supply a version for a tiny fraction of the public?


    Because that "tiny fraction" of the public is the one Microsoft is doing a quite horrible job of "reaching out to".


    There isn't any money in it and there's no pleasing you people anyway.

    Sucks to be you, huh.

  • User profile image
    Minh

    emet wrote:
    
    ScanIAm wrote:
    emet wrote: 
    CannotResolveSymbol wrote: 
    emet wrote: Don't you think it would be better if Channel 9 was multiplatform? Oh wait, anything not made by Microsoft is evil and scary.


    So a Microsoft website should not showcase Microsoft technologies?

    Plus, Silverlight is cross-platform--  Windows and Mac.  So what if they don't supply a version for a tiny fraction of the public?


    Because that "tiny fraction" of the public is the one Microsoft is doing a quite horrible job of "reaching out to".


    There isn't any money in it and there's no pleasing you people anyway.

    Sucks to be you, huh.


    More like, sucks to be Microsoft.


    Oh snap! It's on!

    I hope it's gonna be a dance-off.

  • User profile image
    AdamKinney

    Agreed.  Ch9 and Silverlight sound like a great match Smiley

  • User profile image
    Bas

    So, with the ignore-button on, back to the subject: Silverlight and C9. What could it bring us?

  • User profile image
    Refrax

    Bas wrote:
    So, with the ignore-button on, back to the subject: Silverlight and C9. What could it bring us?

    i would like to see an optional video player in silverlight. maybe move the videos to it all together.

  • User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

    One more vote for a 'Silverlighted' Channel9 !!

    That would be so cool, I can hardly wait!

    Ah, and please make it so that you can only use the site/forums with the Silverlight plugin installed, that way we can get rid of people like emet Smiley

  • User profile image
    Escamillo

    NVM

  • User profile image
    DarthVista

    I dig it. I think this is the ultimate solution to ending the reign of trolls here. Completely shut them out with Silverlight! That way the Linuts posters cannot even post.

  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

    if they have a nice silverlight design let them do it. if its nothing more inspiring than a dopey imitation of Flip 3D, like they designed for the Microsoft.com website, then they shouldn't embarass themselves. if you don't have a worthwhile display of the technology, people will ask why they should do it and laugh

  • User profile image
    Human​Compiler

    So the video player is an obvious one.  What other ideas do you guys have on innovative ways we could use Silverlight to make C9 better?

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    HumanCompiler wrote:
    So the video player is an obvious one.  What other ideas do you guys have on innovative ways we could use Silverlight to make C9 better?


    Themes...

    In Boxely we have theme libraries...let us start designing themes!

    *I'm not into oranges and browns*

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    
    HumanCompiler wrote: So the video player is an obvious one.  What other ideas do you guys have on innovative ways we could use Silverlight to make C9 better?


    Themes...

    In Boxely we have theme libraries...let us start designing themes!

    *I'm not into oranges and browns*

    You don't need Silverlight for that, just user-specified CSS files.

    Use Silverlight when it makes sense, sure. Don't use it for the sake of using Silverlight.

  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

    HumanCompiler wrote:
    So the video player is an obvious one.  What other ideas do you guys have on innovative ways we could use Silverlight to make C9 better?


    In the forum pages, clicking the thread title expands the 'box' its in (using flashy Silverlight/Ajax code) to show the contents of the first post.  Then, if its of interest you can go look at the entire thread. Click the thread name again and the box contracts back to just the title and author name.

    This would be useful in deciding whether to check a thread out without having to leave the forum page.


    Hovering over a 9ers name shows a 'bubble' window with the summary of their profile, again to save having to open another browser page.

     

    Would the post editing window benefit from Silverlight? Possibly, but I'm not the the ROI would be worth it.

     

     

    Herbie

     

     

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.