Coffeehouse Thread

82 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Victory at last.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    anand.t

It would be interesting to see if it can support MP3/video etc. They are heavily patented.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Ray6 wrote:

I think Dell has mistaken the number of zealots who left a comment on their page, with the number of people who will actually buy one.

Interesting point. Executives are known not to be bright once in a while, and I think the one that made this decision was one of them. 50 Linux losers posting on forums equals 50,000 computer sales. Think not Smiley

Only time will tell.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Massif wrote:
    You're even funnier than Darth you know that?
    nobody is funnier than Darth

• User profile image
    Harlequin

anand.t wrote:
    It would be interesting to see if it can support MP3/video etc. They are heavily patented.

Didn't you get the memo? Open source is immune to that silly patent thing.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

How ironic - today I decide that I miss channel9 so much that I'm returning to converse with intelligent people across the globe, and this is the first post I decided to open...oh well Smiley

Now, how many people are going to buy Dellux machines? Probably not many, considering that MOST of dell's machines will go to the average-joe user who doesn't even know what linux is, let alone care about alternatives to Windows.

How many hardcore linux users are going to buy a dellux machine? Probably not many, since linux is free anyway, and they've already got enough machine-parts around their mothers basement to build a machine...

So who exactly is going to buy these dellux machines? My mother won't, I won't, you won't Smiley Viva la Mac'n'Dows!

• User profile image
    rojacobs

emet wrote:

Linux is the #1 server OS and it's soon to become the #1 desktop OS. Redmond it's time for you to relinquish your control of the computer industry.

Memo

Dear colleagues in Redmond - unfortunately our schemes to control the computer industry have been revealed.  Yes, the forces of truth, justice and freedom have defeated our monopolistic tendencies at last and now nothing remains for us but shame and a long lingering and very public death.

It is time to implement plan Zeta - you know what to do...

- end of message -

• User profile image
    Ansrod

Please be calm... Plan Zeta will run on Linux.

• User profile image
    thumbtacks2

Curious...does the Plan Zeta API have "z"s in front of all the variables/types/classes? Sort of like "GLfloat" in OpenGL or the abundance of "g"s in front of every single Gnome class/method/function/type. Perplexed

• User profile image
    Sampy

rojacobs wrote:

emet wrote: 

Linux is the #1 server OS and it's soon to become the #1 desktop OS. Redmond it's time for you to relinquish your control of the computer industry.

Memo

Dear colleagues in Redmond - unfortunately our schemes to control the computer industry have been revealed.  Yes, the forces of truth, justice and freedom have defeated our monopolistic tendencies at last and now nothing remains for us but shame and a long lingering and very public death.

- end of message -

*begins to put on hazmat suit*

I hate plan Zeta...

• User profile image
    blowdart

Sampy wrote:
    *begins to put on hazmat suit*I hate plan Zeta...
    Get your butt to building 7

• User profile image
    JKelley

Sampy wrote:

rojacobs wrote: 
    emet wrote: 

Memo

- end of message -

I hate plan Zeta...

But I can't find my chicken and snorkel, how is this plan ever going to work without the chicken and snorkel????

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

corona_coder wrote:
    Ubuntu, the future of computing and the best Linux distribution in the world...

HAHAHA HA HA  </sarcastic>

Corona you are excelent comedian Big Smile

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

emet wrote:

Linux is the #1 server OS and it's soon to become the #1 desktop OS.

just like Mac has become the #1 desktop computer? yeah, yeah...

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

emet wrote:

YearOfTheLinuxDesktop wrote: 
    emet wrote: 

Linux is the #1 server OS and it's soon to become the #1 desktop OS.

just like Mac has become the #1 desktop computer? yeah, yeah...

Uh, correction. Macs are a fashion item not a personal computer.

That is entirely your opinion.  Please be aware of the fact that a lot of what you say (including such things as "MSFT is evil!" and "Vista sucks!") is an opinion. 

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

JKelley wrote:

Sampy wrote: 
    rojacobs wrote: 
    emet wrote: 

Memo

- end of message -

I hate plan Zeta...

But I can't find my chicken and snorkel, how is this plan ever going to work without the chicken and snorkel????

That is plan Delta Zeta.  Those items would have already been distributed to you already if DZ was in effect.

• User profile image
    jolson88

JKelley wrote:

Sampy wrote: 
    rojacobs wrote: 
    emet wrote: 

Memo

- end of message -

I hate plan Zeta...

I thought I remember hearing in the Zeta Drills that you can find an extra chicken and snorkel at the front receptionist in each building if you are lacking of either.

If you have no luck with that, I believe that, technically, Building 7 is _made of_ chickens and snorkels.

• User profile image
    Red5

rojacobs wrote:

emet wrote: 

Memo

- end of message -

Translation: Execute ORDER 66

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

The thing is Dell will need to try to make their Linux systems seen otherwise only current Linux users will bother to look.

What about retail outlets? Is Dell gonna bother displaying their Linux systems at Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's, etc.

Perhaps Dell is only trying to please the open source crowd? Thats OK if so. But it would be a real disapointment to our neiborhood trolls.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.