Coffeehouse Thread

82 posts

Victory at last.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

corona_coder wrote:
    emet, beer and the rest of the Linux supporters here on Channel 9.  2007, the year of the Linux desktop was proclaimed and came to be a reality and it has finally arrived.  All the Windows supporters in the world cannot change the reality that we are victorious.  We spoke, they heard and we were not denied.  Do not let the insults of the Windows zealots taint your heart.  My only advice before I leave this forum is brush up on your skills with Linux.  Make more than your Windows counterparts and never stop believing in freedom.  I promised myself when I joined Channel 9 aka the marketing machine that I would be the first to post that the Linux desktop had arrived when it did indeed arrive.  Well the future has happened.  The Linux desktop has arrived and I was the first to post on it.  My job is done and I am now taking my leave of Channel 9 and marching towards the future.  Goodbye my friends.  And always remember, for best results use Linux.

You couldn't stay away from here if you even wanted to.  You, emet, beer, and the rest of your personalities are masochistic at best.  Sicko Saddo's at worst.

We'll see ya again, tomorrow.

• User profile image
    anand.t

Atlast one fellow is down. The other two as well plz. leave. Thanks

• User profile image
    Bas

See ya tomorrow, Corona!

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

corona_coder wrote:
    emet, beer and the rest of the Linux supporters here on Channel 9.  2007, the year of the Linux desktop was proclaimed and came to be a reality and it has finally arrived.  All the Windows supporters in the world cannot change the reality that we are victorious.  We spoke, they heard and we were not denied.  Do not let the insults of the Windows zealots taint your heart.  My only advice before I leave this forum is brush up on your skills with Linux.  Make more than your Windows counterparts and never stop believing in freedom.  I promised myself when I joined Channel 9 aka the marketing machine that I would be the first to post that the Linux desktop had arrived when it did indeed arrive.  Well the future has happened.  The Linux desktop has arrived and I was the first to post on it.  My job is done and I am now taking my leave of Channel 9 and marching towards the future.  Goodbye my friends.  And always remember, for best results use Linux.

Aside from the delusions of grandeur, this is the 80th time you've said you're leaving.  Grow up.

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

emet wrote:

too bad those stats are not accurate. as you can read from that page:

"W3Schools is a website for people with an interest for web technologies. These people are more interested in using alternative browsers than the average user. The average user tends to use Internet Explorer, since it comes preinstalled with Windows. Most do not seek out other browsers.

These facts indicate that the browser figures above are not 100% realistic. Other web sites have statistics showing that Internet Explorer is used by at least 80% of the users."

it's obvious that since W3schools in an IT-related website (frequented by web developers) there are a lot more linux and firefox visitors than on other websites...

if you have a non IT-related website you can see that the percentage of linux visitors is ridicolously low (about ~0.50 if not less) and hasn't changed at all in the last months.

by the way, if linux was really so successful then this fact-based story about linux sales dropping woudln't exist.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Here are my thoughts on Dells Linux Strategy

Link

• User profile image
    eblonk

corona_coder wrote:
    Windows is dead.  Sorry.

I certainly hope not. I love my Windows as much as my Linux, taking both with their good, bad and ugly.
    But then I again, I´m a tech loving geek, not a marketshare loving marketeer. But to each his own. Not all marketeers are like Stef from UserFriendly. And not all techies are like, well, you fill in the blanks.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

emet wrote:
    It looks like Dell is actively advertising Ubuntu.

[image snipped for convenience]

Perhaps they think Linux is a subset of Windows. Tongue Out

Source

• User profile image
    eblonk

rojacobs wrote:

It is time to implement plan Zeta - you know what to do...

What!?!?!? I am halfway Plan Nine from Outer Space :O

• User profile image
    eblonk

And stop talking about marketshare. Anyone that loves technology can´t be bothered with marketshare and doesn´t single out one OS and excludes others. If you are like that, you are a marketing guy and get your behind away from this forum.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.