Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Can someone at Mix corner ScottGu ....

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

and ask him where the promised update to provide ajax validators is? It's been 5 months now since we were told it was going to come as an update via windows update

• User profile image
    littleguru

Hehe Smiley I wonder if somebody, who is attending Mix is reading the forums right now.

• User profile image
    irascian

Why not just email him? By all accounts he's very good at replying to email.

• User profile image
    smarx

I just chatted with Matt Gibbs, and he says he's the one to corner to ask about this, not Scott. Smiley  He's prepping for his talk this afternoon about AJAX, and he'll address it there.

• User profile image
    smarx

FYI, Matt just told me that the latest ETA is mid-June.

• User profile image
    blowdart

smarx wrote:
    FYI, Matt just told me that the latest ETA is mid-June.

Thank you, most kind. It's been holding up a project I wanted to roll out internally.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Does section of a Web.config file look familiar?

Matt Gibbs has a workaround...

<!-- The tagMapping section is for a CTP version of Ajax and must be commented out after installing the Ajax release version -->

<!--<tagMapping>

<add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompareValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.CustomValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CustomValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.RangeValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.RangeValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.RegularExpressionValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.RegularExpressionValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.RequiredFieldValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.RequiredFieldValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.ValidationSummary" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.ValidationSummary, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

</tagMapping>-->

• User profile image
    blowdart

JohnAskew wrote:

Does section of a Web.config file look familiar?

Matt Gibbs has a workaround...

yea I know, but as he'd said it was "short term" (hah, Microsoft timescales again) I'd resisted, hoping a proper supported version would come along

• User profile image
    JChung2006

The sad thing is that the workaround probably pushed the actual fix which was originally scheduled for early April lower on the priority list.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.