Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

New Digs

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

So me and a few other engineers moved workstations today...just thought I would post some pictures.

Workstation LeftWorkstation Right
    Left Side                                   Right Side

It's really bright cause.....I GOT A WINDOW SEAT!!!

And with my stuff in it...

Workstation Full

• User profile image
    jamie

slick cube..

*we had got some used ones back in the day - with brown trim and beige baffling... all scratched up. they looked great... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Angus

That looks great. Really tidy and clean (just as a workplace should be).

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I'd hate to work in a cube... much prefer to do programming at home at my desk in my house drinking my drinks etc. I would mind, but I'd just prefer to work from home.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    kettch

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    I'd hate to work in a cube... much prefer to do programming at home at my desk in my house drinking my drinks etc. I would mind, but I'd just prefer to work from home.

On the other hand, it's nice being able to drink the company's drinks.

• User profile image
    jamie

unless it's koolaid Wink

• User profile image
    Zeus

What is it with Americans and cubicles ??

• User profile image
    jamie

cubes are good - if only to dampen the chatter of sales guys in a warehouse Perplexed

• User profile image
    NJBrad

Cubicles (and other temporary walls) are deductible while they are being used.  Walls, doors and other permanent improvements are only tax deductible when the company sells it's facilties or moves out when the lease is up.

It's just not worth the money to have real walls for most people.

Anything else that is said about one study or another is just BS to hide the fact that it's all about money.

Here's a link to someone who can say it better than I JOS

• User profile image
    jb43081

Cybermagellan wrote:
    So me and a few other engineers moved workstations today...just thought I would post some pictures.

Workstation LeftWorkstation Right
    Left Side                                   Right Side

It's really bright cause.....I GOT A WINDOW SEAT!!!

And with my stuff in it...

Workstation Full

Looked great until I saw the Steelers jacket! Mad

Go Browns! (Stop laughing, our time will come! Big Smile )

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Didn't notice the steelers jacket, your cube mates better watch their knees.

I don't mind cubes but I hate working in places with no windows.

• User profile image
    Zeus

NJBrad wrote:
    Cubicles (and other temporary walls) are deductible while they are being used.  Walls, doors and other permanent improvements are only tax deductible when the company sells it's facilties or moves out when the lease is up.

It's just not worth the money to have real walls for most people.

Anything else that is said about one study or another is just BS to hide the fact that it's all about money.

Here's a link to someone who can say it better than I JOS

Rather than cubicles or real walls ... how about some open spaces ... with no walls. How's that for an idea ... :o

• User profile image
    Massif

Stuff that, with WiFi and laptops we could all work outside when the weather is nice... That would be awesome.

• User profile image
    Zeus

Not if you live in Iceland / Sweden like me ... almoust never laptop-friendly weather

Sad

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.