Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Chicks

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Anyone find it weird how there are more guys interested in tech etc. than girls. I know there are girls here - then again, not many. And lemme tell ya, No-girl in my school likes tech. The most tech they can handle is like, a mobile phone and playing a naff game on MiniClip. (Though I'm a huge fan of Heli Attack 3 Smiley)

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Anyone find it weird how there are more guys interested in tech etc. than girls.

Probably because people keep calling them chicks.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

Rossj wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:Anyone find it weird how there are more guys interested in tech etc. than girls.

Probably because people keep calling them chicks.

Its everyone else's fault!

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Smiley I love callin em that.

But seriously, if there was a girl out there that was 13 and loved tech... man would I be digging that.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Randolpho

lol

a/s/l?

OMGBBQ

• User profile image
    Minh

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
     I love callin em that.

But seriously, if there was a girl out there that was 13 and loved tech... man would I be digging that.
    Dude... you being 35, I think that's a bit creepy... Wink

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

Minh wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote: I love callin em that.

Dude... you being 35, I think that's a bit creepy...

Maybe he meant as a mentor ;/

• User profile image
    Angus

Minh wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote: I love callin em that.

Dude... you being 35, I think that's a bit creepy...

Maybe he means he would "digg" the story about the girl. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    dahat

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Anyone find it weird how there are more guys interested in tech etc. than girls. I know there are girls here - then again, not many. And lemme tell ya, No-girl in my school likes tech. The most tech they can handle is like, a mobile phone and playing a naff game on MiniClip. (Though I'm a huge fan of Heli Attack 3 )

You must not watch the Channel 9 show WM_IN.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Yeah, me being 35.... Tongue Out

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

dahat wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote: Anyone find it weird how there are more guys interested in tech etc. than girls. I know there are girls here - then again, not many. And lemme tell ya, No-girl in my school likes tech. The most tech they can handle is like, a mobile phone and playing a naff game on MiniClip. (Though I'm a huge fan of Heli Attack 3 )

You must not watch the Channel 9 show WM_IN.

Nah ah ah,

i must not have time to watch tv shows.

I would, but... i spend much more time actually using tech and implementing it... though you cant beat a good book (Anything by Dan Brown basically)

Last modified
  • User profile image
    dahat

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    i must not have time to watch tv shows.

I would, but... i spend much more time actually using tech and implementing it... though you cant beat a good book (Anything by Dan Brown basically)

But you’ve still got the time to troll around a forum like this and ask a question that has been asked countless times since the dawn of technology and creation of the internet? You really should take a watch of some of the videos as one of the purposes of them is to explore this very issue (woman in technology, not your trolling).

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Why are you ( a 35 year old ) calling 13 year old girls "Chicks"? Smiley

I agree with the principle (kinda...with exception to the 13 year old thing) that Chicks who are into tech are extremely hot Smiley We need more Cali Lewis', Justine's, and Amber Macs...the world would be a much nicer place Smiley

J

Cali Lewis

Justine

Amber Mac

• User profile image
    John Galt

Dude! Like! Pppppppppllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!

This isn't the freaking 90s.

You might not care about there being almost no women in tech if you talked like a human being who understands the english language, treated women with respect and actually asked one of them out in person instead of SMSing/IMing them (or even email them if you feel really brave!). It's amazing what a demonstration of having a set will do to make a woman want to have anything to do with you....

Just an observation on the 13 year olds out there and their complete lack of balls. Yes, it is ok and good to be a man. You don't need to appologize for it, and you don't need to share your every interest with a woman. That's by definition the difference between women and men and the castration of the male populous has absolutely no positive outcome.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Cut Lloyd some slack.  It sounds to me like he's still going through puberty.  Some of us are still young enough to remember what that was like.  OMG GIRLZ WTF! GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO! RAR! LOL! P3WNZU!

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    littleguru

What's "woman"? Does it have a keyboard? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

http://www.thesmashmix.com/wp-content/Quagmire.jpg

Giggety giggety alright!

I'm just suprised at the lack of stuff they do. Thing is, they have nothing to do with tech - but if we all of a sudden stopped women programmers etc, even the ones who knew nothing about tech would go completely whacko and call us sexist.

Its just suprising, why are all the tech nuts guys? Chairman of MS: Guy. Creator of Linux: Guy. Its just weird.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

JChung2006 wrote:
    ... RAR! ...

LOL *raurrrr* Big Smile

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.