Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

7kg... notebook(s). Some toughts.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

HP Pavilion HDX

20"... 7kg! ...Notebook?

1. Does this kind on "notebooks" really needs a battery? Cool
    2. Is it still a "notebook"? More proper name is some sort of "P-Desktop" (Portable Desktop) or "PMPC" ("Portable Monster PC")

Perplexed

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    ZippyV

Can you close it?

I think this is for people who want a laptop but don't move it all the time.

• User profile image
    littleguru

ZippyV wrote:
    Can you close it?

Makes it easier to clean the table Big Smile haha

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

"M-Desktop" also is a good name.

"M" for "movable" or for "mobile" in terms of GPS navigation... Cool

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Angus

ZippyV wrote:

I would imagine that it is for these people.

University students might like it because they have to take their computer home throughout the year, however, one would assume that they would need a second laptop for note taking.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Massif

Angus wrote:

ZippyV wrote: 

I would imagine that it is for these people.

University students might like it because they have to take their computer home throughout the year, however, one would assume that they would need a second laptop for note taking.

Angus Higgins

There's this awesome stuff which allows completely free-form note taking, is cheap and readily available, and can be organised however the user sees fit.

It's called paper, and I don't know how I could have passed my degree without it. Wink

There are those who aren't sure how I did pass my degree at all though.

Students have better things to spend money on than laptops, there's beer and... ok, so there's beer.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Thats no moon...

• User profile image
    Angus

Massif wrote:

There's this awesome stuff which allows completely free-form note taking, is cheap and readily available, and can be organised however the user sees fit.

It's called paper, and I don't know how I could have passed my degree without it.

There are those who aren't sure how I did pass my degree at all though.

Students have better things to spend money on than laptops, there's beer and... ok, so there's beer.

Sadly some of us have appaulingly bad handwriting. I would have to type up any notes taken, and thus I think it would be better (for me) to use a computer to take the notes initially.

If I take notes quickly, I often cannot read them very easily later.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Angus wrote:

Sadly some of us have appaulingly bad handwriting.

cough...

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    odujosh

I am an audio learned so I use to record lectures on my MP3 player.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.