Coffeehouse Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Wow, re: System.Drawing.Imaging etc

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    stevo_

Anyone had the pleasure of working on a solution developed around 'codec like' support in .net?

If so, chances are you've come in to contact with EncoderParameter and EncoderParameters, possibly the worst classes I've seen in .NET...

Pascal case parameters in EncoderParameter (ok not really too bad), misspelt parameter names.. such as 'demoninator1'.

Using reflector, theres a lot of methods set as internal for no reason, and make some classes pretty pointless.

Overall I feel theres a serve lack of good oop in this area of .NET Expressionless

Could be just me, feel free to prove me wrong- but I really feel I'm recreating the wheel due to the lack of good interaction within the base components.

• User profile image
    John Galt

It's not just you. This class is definately a disaster.  The good news is that there are a ton of wrapper classes that wrap it and fix it that might be of help for you...

This is the problem in a lot of areas with the .NET framework. They didn't have enough time to obviscate the Win32 underpinings well.  WinFX does a better job, but it still isn't great and it's still very obvious that all of the stuff is win32 code underneath. (hence why it's so slow at times)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.