Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PowerBuilder to .NET 2005

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    francorobles

Have you guys tried converting a PowerBuilder application to .net 2005?

Right now I am looking for a third party  tool that converts a powerbuilder datawindow to .net user control just like vb to C# migration window that is built in to .net 2005 . I am already starting my tool but the deadline is fast approaching. 

I hope you guys could give me some suggestions.

The version of PowerBuilder is 6.5 and I have to convert it to .net 2005 windows forms.

Thanks

• User profile image
    brucearmstr​ong

Have you looked at Appeon or the about to be released PB11?

• User profile image
    francorobles

I havent tried appeon yet, but i think it is only for the web. PB11 beta version is not yet available also.

Thanks for your reply.

• User profile image
    francorobles

Persistence prevailed... I finished my own tool... (Sigh) Nobody got the answer except me... Sad

• User profile image
    cljst8

I just started a powerbuilder to .NET project.  Are you feeling generous enough after all of your hard work to post your tool for those of us behind you in the conversion process?

Thanks!

• User profile image
    joeg10

francorobles said:
    Persistence prevailed... I finished my own tool... (Sigh) Nobody got the answer except me... Sad
    I realize this is an old post, but I wanted to see if I could get some feedback.  I was tasked with converting a PB 10.5 project to .net and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  Are there 3rd party tools available?  Thanks!

• User profile image
    ScienceSoft

joeg10 said:
    francorobles said:
    *snip*
    I realize this is an old post, but I wanted to see if I could get some feedback.  I was tasked with converting a PB 10.5 project to .net and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  Are there 3rd party tools available?  Thanks!
    Hello Joeg10,

Actually my company ScienceSoft Inc. is specializing in such type of migration. If you can tell me more about your project (number of code lines that are needed to be converted and your timeline) I will be able to assist you in your project. The major benefit of our solutution is that it makes 100 automation possible when talking about migration from powerbuilder to .net. Please write me an e-mail with your project details and I will get in touch with you shortly regarding this issue. My e-mail address is ramanouski@scnsoft.com I will be waiting for an information from you!

• User profile image
    Bernards

joeg10 said:
    francorobles said:
    *snip*
    Hello Joeg10,

I am Bernard, from ZSL Inc Edison,NJ.

we specialize in migrating or maintaining legacy applications to .Net and J2EE platform.

we also specialize in

Database Migration
    • Sybase to MS SQL
    • Sybase to Oracle
    • MS SQL to Oracle
    • DBF to MS SQL
    • File Base Systems to MS SQL

Code Migration Services
    • PowerBuilder™ to VB.Net™
    • PowerBuilder™ to C# .Net™
    • PowerBuilder™ to ASP.Net™
    • PowerBuilder™ to J2EE
    • VB™ to VB.Net™
    • ASP™ to ASP.Net™
    • VB™ to ASP.Net™
    • FoxPro™ to .Net™
    • JAVA

If your company have any idea of migrating from powerbuilder to any of these platform, please let me know through bernards@zslinc.com or 908 396 1439.

We are more than happy to serve you.

If you have interest to know more about our solutions.Please do call to the above given number.

Thanks,

Bernard.

• User profile image
    Bernards

joeg10 said:
    francorobles said:
    *snip*
    Hi joeg10,

If you can give your number I can assist you in convertion of PB to .net.

Looking forward to talk to you soon.

Bernard.

• User profile image
    Bernards

Hi,

I am Bernard, from ZSL Inc Edison,NJ.

we specialize in migrating or maintaining legacy applications to .Net and J2EE platform.

we also specialize in

Database Migration
    • Sybase to MS SQL
    • Sybase to Oracle
    • MS SQL to Oracle
    • DBF to MS SQL
    • File Base Systems to MS SQL

Code Migration Services
    • PowerBuilder™ to VB.Net™
    • PowerBuilder™ to C# .Net™
    • PowerBuilder™ to ASP.Net™
    • PowerBuilder™ to J2EE
    • VB™ to VB.Net™
    • ASP™ to ASP.Net™
    • VB™ to ASP.Net™
    • FoxPro™ to .Net™
    • JAVA

If your company have any idea of migrating from powerbuilder to any of these platform, please let me know through bernards@zslinc.com or 908 396 1439.

We are more than happy to serve you.

If you have interest to know more about our solutions.Please do call to the above given number.

Thanks,

Bernard.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.